Azerbaijan seeks bigger global investment role ahead of Baku forum
Azerbaijan is stepping up efforts to strengthen its position as a regional hub for investment and connectivity ahead of the second Azerbaijan Inter...
A senior Iranian official has warned Israel to “prepare for what is coming”, insisting that Tehran’s response to the latest escalation in the Middle East will be made openly and without limits.
Speaking to Al Jazeera, the official said: “Our response will be public, and there are no red lines.” They added that “all American and Israeli assets and interests in the Middle East have become legitimate targets”.
Washington has yet to comment.
"There are no red lines after this aggression, and everything is possible, including scenarios that were not previously considered.”
The official described the latest joint action by the U.S. and Israel as “aggression”, adding that both countries “have started a war that will have wide and long-lasting repercussions”.
They said Tehran had prepared a “complex response with no time limit”.
According to the official, any effort to persuade Iran to soften its position will not succeed. Calls for restraint or compromise were described as “unacceptable and mere wishful thinking”.
Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) said it had launched missiles and drones towards Israel following the U.S.-Israeli attacks. It said the first wave began “in response to the aggression of the hostile and criminal enemy against the Islamic Republic of Iran”.
Shortly after attacking Iran on Saturday, Israel said it had closed its airspace and sounded sirens to warn of possible retaliation.
Explosions have been reported in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates and in Manama, Bahrain.
Bahrain said a service centre belonging to the U.S. Fifth Fleet was hit by a missile, according to the state news agency. A U.S. official told Fox News that there were no casualties from the strike targeting the U.S. base in Bahrain.
Security sources say rocket attacks linked to Iran have targeted a U.S. military base in Iraqi Kurdistan.
Explosions were also heard in Doha shortly after Qatar’s defence ministry said missiles targeting the country had been intercepted. The ministry later said it had downed all missiles in what it described as a second wave of attacks, according to the state news agency.
Reuters reported a loud explosion in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
Asian stocks surged on Thursday as some vessels resumed passage through the Strait of Hormuz, while forecast-beating results at Nvidia and a suspended workers' strike at Samsung Electronics lifted shares of chipmakers.
Day four of the World Urban Forum (WUF) in Baku brings a packed agenda on sustainable cities and the global housing crisis, with sessions on green housing, smart cities, public spaces and urban rights taking place on Wednesday (20 May) at Baku Olympic Stadium in Azerbaijan.
At least 21 people have been killed and thousands evacuated after torrential rain triggered flooding, landslides and transport disruption across southern and central China, with authorities warning that more heavy rainfall is expected along the Yangtze River.
The penultimate day of the World Urban Forum 13 in Baku will see Azerbaijan's Pavilion highlight post-construction efforts in Garabagh and East Zangezur, as well as host events on the future of Baku and architectural education.
Russia’s ambassador to the United Nations Vasily Nebenzya warned on Tuesday (19 May) that Moscow could retaliate against Baltic states if Ukraine launches military drones from that region. Latvia, the United States and Ukraine responded strongly during a UN Security Council meeting.
Nigeria’s anti-drug agency says it has dismantled a methamphetamine production syndicate in what officials describe as the country’s largest drugs seizure of its kind.
After many years, reams of regulatory paperwork and a well-timed presidential visit, Tesla has finally launched its Full Self-Driving (FSD) system in China, the world’s largest electric vehicle market and one in which competitors have been rapidly advancing their autonomous driving capabilities.
Activists from a Gaza-bound flotilla detained by Israel at sea have been released from prison and are expected to be deported to Türkiye, officials confirmed on Thursday.
NATO fighter jets were activated on Thursday (21 May) after at least one drone entered Latvian airspace, according to Latvia’s armed forces, marking the latest in a series of security incidents across the Baltic region linked to the war in Ukraine.
Russia pledged support for Cuba on Thursday after the U.S. indicted former Cuban president Raúl Castro on murder charges linked to the 1996 downing of exile planes, escalating tensions between Washington and Havana.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment