Afghanistan, Belarus agree to deepen industrial cooperation
Afghanistan and Belarus have agreed to advance joint industrial projects, investment and technical cooperation following talks in Minsk, as Kabul s...
Britain has barred Israeli government officials from attending its largest defence trade show, DSEI UK 2025, in response to Israel's escalating military operations in Gaza. The move marks a rare rebuke of a historically close ally during rising humanitarian concerns.
The UK government announced that no Israeli government delegation will be invited to the Defence & Security Equipment International (DSEI) exhibition in London, set to open on 9 September.
This decision follows Israel’s intensified military campaign in Gaza and is intended to pressure the Israeli government to ease the humanitarian crisis.
Israeli defence companies including Elbit Systems, Rafael, IAI, and Uvision will still be allowed to attend, but the national pavilion will not be hosted as in previous years.
A British spokesperson said, "There must be a diplomatic solution to end this war now, with an immediate ceasefire, the return of the hostages, and a surge in humanitarian aid to the people of Gaza."
Israel criticised the move, calling it a "regrettable act of discrimination" and claiming that political considerations are inappropriate for a professional defence exhibition.
The decision echoes France’s restrictions on Israeli defence stands at the Paris Air Show earlier this year.
DSEI, a four-day event held every two years at London’s Excel Centre, is organised by Clarion Defence and Security with government backing.
The collective-defence agreement between Türkiye, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan signals that regional powers no longer want to rely solely on external security guarantees. Whether it becomes a stabilising deterrent or another axis of rivalry remains unresolved.
Shipping through the Strait of Hormuz has slowed, according to the latest data, as uncertainty over the waterway’s reopening kept most shipowners away. Six commodity vessels crossed the strait on Tuesday, down from nine the day before and below the 10-day daily average of 11.
Shipping traffic through the Strait of Hormuz remains limited on Thursday, with no increase in vessel crossings as U.S.-Iran talks to resolve the conflict remained stalled. Nine commodity vessels transited the key waterway on Wednesday, unchanged from the previous day, according to Kpler data.
Iran has said the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until the U.S. fulfils the terms of an interim deal, including lifting the maritime blockade and sanctions and releasing Iran’s frozen assets.
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top news stories for the 19th of August, covering the latest developments.
Australia on Thursday condemned Israel’s decision to close its criminal investigation into the deaths of Australian aid worker Zomi Frankcom and six World Central Kitchen colleagues killed in Gaza in April 2024.
Shipping traffic through the Strait of Hormuz remains limited on Thursday, with no increase in vessel crossings as U.S.-Iran talks to resolve the conflict remained stalled. Nine commodity vessels transited the key waterway on Wednesday, unchanged from the previous day, according to Kpler data.
North Korea has fired more than 10 short-range ballistic missiles after U.S. President Donald Trump reduced American participation in joint military exercises with South Korea in an effort to revive dialogue with Pyongyang.
Georgia’s foreign trade data for January-July 2026 shows Kyrgyzstan, China and Russia as its top three export markets, highlighting its Middle Corridor ambitions and complex economic ties with Moscow.
Kazakhstan will vote on 23 August in its first parliamentary election under the new Constitution, choosing 145 members of the new Kurultai under a fundamentally changed electoral system based entirely on party lists.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment