live Trump says U.S. not seeking to extend interim deal with Iran
U.S. President Donald Trump says Washington is not seeking an extension of its memorandum of understanding with...
Kazakhstan has evacuated more than 7,300 citizens from the Middle East since regional tensions escalated, using both air and land routes to bring nationals home while closely monitoring political developments and potential economic effects linked to rising oil prices.
Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, working together with other state bodies, continues to coordinate the return of citizens from the Middle East conflict zone. Since the start of the evacuation operation, more than 7,300 Kazakh nationals have returned to the country with the assistance of both domestic and foreign airlines.
In addition to air transport, evacuations are also being carried out by land. Citizens have been leaving the region through border crossings in Azerbaijan, Armenia and Turkmenistan. Kazakhstan’s diplomatic missions in the region remain actively involved in coordinating the process on the ground, maintaining constant contact with citizens and assisting them with logistical arrangements as they travel home.
The evacuation efforts follow earlier recommendations issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs urging citizens to refrain from travelling to several countries in the Middle East. Authorities also announced that Kazakh tourists who travel to the region after 28 February will be excluded from the national tourism guarantee system, a measure intended to reduce risks as the regional security situation remains uncertain.
At the political level, Kazakhstan’s leadership has welcomed developments aimed at easing tensions. President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev welcomed a statement by Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian announcing that the country’s interim governing council had decided to refrain from attacks against neighbouring states. The announcement was conveyed by presidential adviser and press secretary Aibek Smadiyarov.
According to the Kazakh presidency, Tokayev considers the decision an important step towards reducing tensions in the Middle East. Pezeshkian earlier stated that Tehran would refrain from attacks or missile strikes against neighbouring countries unless Iran itself came under attack. He also apologised to neighbouring states that had been affected by retaliatory strikes carried out by Iran.
At the same time, the geopolitical situation has raised questions about potential economic consequences for Kazakhstan, particularly through its impact on global oil markets. Speaking at a briefing at the National Bank, Governor Timur Suleimenov noted that Kazakhstan’s economy remains closely dependent on energy revenues.
According to Suleimenov, more than half of Kazakhstan’s export earnings and over 30% of the revenues of both the state budget and the National Fund are generated by oil. As a result, fluctuations in global oil prices play a significant role in shaping the country’s economic performance..
Higher oil prices generally stimulate economic activity by increasing export revenues and boosting inflows into both the National Fund and the state budget. This also increases the supply of foreign currency on the domestic market, which tends to support the national currency, the tenge.
However, Suleimenov stressed that the overall economic impact will depend largely on how long the period of elevated oil prices lasts and how long the conflict continues. While military conflicts are inherently negative events, they can also produce indirect economic consequences.
At least 11 people were killed in Israeli strikes on southern Lebanon on Saturday, among the deadliest since a June ceasefire. Meanwhile, Qatar denied holding Iranian pilots. It said it had found the remains of one pilot after an airspace violation and had contacted Iran to coordinate a handover.
U.S. President Donald Trump says Washington is not seeking an extension of its memorandum of understanding with Iran, claiming the U.S. already controls the Strait of Hormuz through its naval blockade.
A wildfire in Croatia driven by strong winds descended on the tourist town of Omis overnight, engulfing houses, forcing about 1,000 people to evacuate to safety and injuring dozens, fire brigade and health officials said on Friday.
South Korea's presidential Blue House said on Monday it was reviewing U.S. President Donald Trump's comments on scaling back joint military drills. It added that it hoped a favourable relationship between Washington and Pyongyang could lead to meaningful talks.
Residents of villages in eastern Indonesia hit by a deadly earthquake that killed at least 54 people were awaiting aid on Monday as rescuers prepared to comb through collapsed buildings in search of people trapped beneath the rubble.
Iran says it will use all diplomatic and legal channels to determine the fate of three Air Force pilots it believes are being held in Qatar after their fighter jets were downed during the March war.
Kazakhstan has launched a unified digital platform to track coal supplies in real time, giving officials a clearer view of production, shipments, stocks and prices ahead of the heating season.
U.S. President Donald Trump’s push to end the war in Gaza returned to the diplomatic arena on Sunday (16 August), as his envoys met Egyptian, Qatari and Turkish mediators in Cairo while Israeli strikes continued across the strip.
At least 11 people, including three children and two women, were killed in Israeli airstrikes in southern Lebanon on Saturday, according to Lebanese authorities, in one of the deadliest escalations since a U.S.-mediated framework was agreed between Lebanon and Israel.
As the countries of the Turkic world seek deeper economic integration, the Turkic Investment Fund (TIF) is positioning itself as a key financial vehicle for turning political cooperation into tangible development projects.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment