Türkiye seeks Interpol red notice for Netanyahu over Gaza flotilla case
Türkiye has asked Interpol to issue a red notice for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in a criminal case linked to Israel’s int...
Israel said on Saturday that the Trump administration’s announcement on the composition of a new Gaza executive board was made without coordination and contradicts Israeli government policy.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said Foreign Minister Gideon Saar would raise the issue with U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio. The statement did not specify which elements of the board Israel objects to, and an Israeli government spokesperson declined to provide further details.
The executive board, unveiled by the White House on Friday, includes Foreign Minister of Türkiye Hakan Fidan, a choice Israel has previously opposed given its long-standing rejection of any Turkish role in Gaza.
Other members named to the board include Sigrid Kaag, the United Nations special coordinator for the Middle East peace process; an Israeli-Cypriot billionaire; and a minister from the United Arab Emirates, which normalised relations with Israel in 2020.
Washington also announced this week the launch of the second phase of President Donald Trump’s Gaza plan, first unveiled in September, aimed at ending the war. The phase includes the creation of a transitional technocratic Palestinian administration in the enclave.
The Trump administration also named the first members of the so-called Board of Peace, which will be chaired by Trump and tasked with overseeing Gaza’s temporary governance. Members include Marco Rubio, billionaire developer Steve Witkoff, and Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner.
Shipping traffic through the Strait of Hormuz remains limited on Thursday, with no increase in vessel crossings as U.S.-Iran talks to resolve the conflict remained stalled. Nine commodity vessels transited the key waterway on Wednesday, unchanged from the previous day, according to Kpler data.
Russia is open to listening to new proposals on how to reach a settlement on the Ukraine conflict, a senior Russian diplomat said, but any proposals should reflect the "realities on the ground".
Five years after Evergrande's debt crisis rattled global markets, founder Hui Ka Yan has been sentenced to life in prison, marking a dramatic new chapter in the downfall of China's former property giant.
Iran has condemned new U.S. sanctions as “economic terrorism” and “crimes against humanity”, accusing Washington of pursuing a decades-long policy of hostility. Tehran said the measures would not weaken its resolve to defend its sovereignty and national interests.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has issued his strongest warning yet over Türkiye's growing military role in Syria, saying Israel will not accept Turkish forces expanding their presence further south.
Türkiye has asked Interpol to issue a red notice for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in a criminal case linked to Israel’s interception of the Global Sumud Flotilla carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza, Justice Minister Akın Gürlek said on Friday.
A large-scale drone attack has hit Russia's Samara region, damaging facilities and disrupting operations at an Ozon logistics complex, according to regional authorities and the company.
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top news stories for the 22nd of August, covering the latest developments.
Around 70 bodies are expected to be buried as families continue to search for missing relatives.
One person was killed and three others injured on Friday when an 18-year-old man armed with a sword attacked students at a school in Fagersta, central Sweden, before police shot and detained him.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment