Twelve dead after UPS cargo plane crashes on takeoff in Kentucky
U.S. investigators have recovered the black box recorders from the wreckage of a UPS cargo plane that crashed in flames on takeoff in Louisville, Kent...
U.S. President Donald Trump says Paramount Global has wired $16 million to resolve his lawsuit alleging that CBS programme ‘60 Minutes’ doctored an interview with former vice-president Kamala Harris.
Paramount made the payment and both sides moved on Tuesday to dismiss the case in a Washington federal court filing. Mr Trump, writing on his Truth Social platform, said he also expects to receive “$20 million more from the new owners” once the broadcaster’s takeover is completed.
The settlement comes as Paramount awaits Federal Communications Commission approval for its planned $8.4 billion merger with Skydance Media. FCC chair Brendan Carr has insisted the agency’s review is “wholly separate” from the lawsuit.
Paramount declined to comment on the payment. It later issued a statement saying the accord “does not include PSAs or anything related to PSAs” and that it was unaware of any additional promises made to the president beyond those recorded by the mediator.
Skydance, whose chief executive David Ellison would take the helm of the enlarged group, also declined to comment. New York’s National Amusements, the Redstone family vehicle that controls Paramount, is to be bought by Skydance investors as part of the deal.
Mr Trump filed suit earlier this month, accusing ‘60 Minutes’ of “deceptively editing” a Harris interview broadcast in October. He argued the segment harmed his reputation during the 2024 election campaign.
The settlement marks a rare legal victory for a sitting U.S. president against a major news outlet and could intensify scrutiny of the Paramount-Skydance tie-up as regulators weigh potential political pressure.
At least 47 people have died and another 21 are reported missing following ten days of heavy rainfall, floods, and landslides across Sri Lanka, local media reported on Thursday (27 November).
Hong Kong fire authorities said they expected to wrap up search and rescue operations on Friday after the city's worst fire in nearly 80 years tore through a massive apartment complex, killing at least 128 people, injuring 79 and leaving around 200 still missing.
Netflix crashed on Wednesday for about an hour in the U.S. as it launched season five of "Stranger Things", with the service becoming inaccessible to many subscribers within minutes of the episodes going live at 8 p.m. local time.
U.S. Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth visited sailors aboard the USS Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier in the Latin American region on Thursday, amid a military buildup by President Donald Trump’s administration that has heightened tensions with Venezuela.
French health experts are warning that the highly pathogenic H5 strain of bird flu, already devastating wild and farm animals, could evolve into a virus capable of human-to-human transmission — potentially sparking a pandemic worse than COVID-19.
Pope Leo visited Istanbul’s Blue Mosque on Saturday, stepping inside one of the most iconic sites of the Muslim world. He removed his shoes at the entrance in a gesture of respect. He did not appear to pray.
Russian drones and missiles struck several districts of Kyiv early on Saturday, killing one person and injuring more than a dozen. Fires swept through residential blocks as debris rained over the city. It was the second major strike on the capital in four days, turning another night into a scene of
Shoppers packed malls and downtown streets in Caracas on Black Friday (28 November) as retailers offered discounts despite Venezuela’s prolonged economic crisis. Customers queued in shoe and electronics stores and browsed signs advertising cuts of up to 50%.
The famed Nuremberg Christmas Market opened on Friday (28 November) with its traditional ceremony featuring the Nuremberg Christkind, an angel-like child figure said to deliver Christmas gifts in some European countries.
A joint operation led by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the U.S. Coast Guard on Thursday resulted in the seizure of more than four tons of cocaine and the arrest of two suspects off Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment