Azerbaijan launches first-ever WUF13 NGO Forum in Baku
The first-ever “WUF13 NGO Forum” in the history of the World Urban Forum (WUF) was held on 19 May 2026 at Azerbaijan’s initiative...
Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan has confirmed that fuel imports from Azerbaijan have resumed, saying the market is open to all businesses and that discussions on broader trade and border processes are continuing.
Nikol Pashinyan said the renewed fuel imports followed contacts between Armenian companies and the Azerbaijani side after a preliminary market assessment.
He stressed that the government sought to avoid politicising the process and made clear that participation was voluntary.
While there were initial cases in which some fuel station networks declined to sell Azerbaijani fuel, he said that the issue had since been resolved.
Pashinyan added that discussions were ongoing about potential trade in other goods, noting that preliminary lists of product categories had already been exchanged.
He said concrete details would be shared publicly once agreements were finalised, emphasising that the opportunity was open to any business wishing to engage.
Addressing the border delimitation process, the prime minister reiterated that it was based on mutually recognised territories under the Alma-Ata Declaration.
He said the joint regulations of the delimitation commissions enshrined this principle and that preparatory and on-the-ground work was continuing, particularly to enable the launch of transport and communication routes.
Responding to reports of a possible visit to Azerbaijan and the launch of the TRIPP project, Pashinyan said he had no concrete information at this stage.
He said recent regional developments showed efforts to improve conditions for safe movement and that results would become visible.
The World Urban Forum (WUF13) continues in Baku, Azerbaijan on 18 May, addressing the global housing crisis. The day’s agenda includes the official opening press conference, the WUF13 Urban Expo opening and a ministerial dialogue on the Nairobi Declaration to advance Africa's urban agenda.
United Nations World Urban Forum 13 continues in Baku, Azerbaijan on 19 May with sessions and roundtable discussions focused on strengthening dialogue and advancing cooperation in urban development. Organisers say there are nearly 3 billion people globally who face some form of housing inadequacy.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he had paused a planned attack on Iran after appeals from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, allowing negotiations to continue over a possible deal to end the conflict.
A 5.2 magnitude earthquake struck China’s Guangxi region early on Monday, killing two people and forcing more than 7,000 residents in Liuzhou to evacuate as rescue efforts continued.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Uganda a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC), warning that the situation poses a significant risk of cross-border spread in Central Africa.
Kazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev has called for closer security coordination between Central Asia and China, warning that expanding trade and infrastructure links are exposing the region to increasingly sophisticated cross-border threats.
Azerbaijan and Georgia have agreed to resume daily passenger train services on the Baku-Tbilisi-Baku route from 26 May, 2026, marking a major step in restoring regional rail connectivity after services were suspended in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Israeli forces intercepted dozens of Gaza-bound aid vessels in the eastern Mediterranean on Monday (18 May), prompting condemnation from the United Nations and Türkiye, while flotilla organisers said several ships continued sailing toward Gaza despite the operation.
Pakistan has deployed around 8,000 troops, fighter jets and air defence systems to Saudi Arabia under a mutual defence agreement, according to security officials and government sources familiar with the arrangement.
Uzbekistan has reported new fraud cases linked to employment in South Korea as investigators continue examining a wider migration corruption scheme estimated to have caused up to $90 million in losses.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment