live Iran condemns new U.S. sanctions as ‘economic terrorism’
Iran has condemned new U.S. sanctions as “economic terrorism” and “crimes against humanity”, accusing Washington of pursuin...
Iran has lifted all remaining airspace restrictions imposed during its 12-day conflict with Israel, restoring full domestic and international flight operations.
Iran's Civil Aviation Organization (CAO) announced on Saturday that all airspace limitations have been removed, marking the full resumption of domestic and international flights disrupted during last month’s military conflict with Israel.
"From now on, all airlines and travel agencies can once again offer 24-hour flight services and ticket sales," the CAO said in a statement posted on its official website.
The update confirms that Tehran’s Mehrabad International Airport has resumed round-the-clock operations, becoming the final airport to return to normal service.
Iran initially closed its airspace on 13 June, after Israeli airstrikes targeted locations in Tehran and other cities. The 12-day conflict concluded with a ceasefire on 24 June.
The phased reopening began on 26 June, with operations gradually restored across the country. On 17 July, the CAO confirmed that all airports were back online, except for Mehrabad, which remained on a restricted schedule of 4:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Iran’s aviation sector is now operating at pre-conflict capacity, with all restrictions officially lifted.
The collective-defence agreement between Türkiye, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan signals that regional powers no longer want to rely solely on external security guarantees. Whether it becomes a stabilising deterrent or another axis of rivalry remains unresolved.
Shipping traffic through the Strait of Hormuz remains limited on Thursday, with no increase in vessel crossings as U.S.-Iran talks to resolve the conflict remained stalled. Nine commodity vessels transited the key waterway on Wednesday, unchanged from the previous day, according to Kpler data.
Shipping through the Strait of Hormuz has slowed, according to the latest data, as uncertainty over the waterway’s reopening kept most shipowners away. Six commodity vessels crossed the strait on Tuesday, down from nine the day before and below the 10-day daily average of 11.
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top news stories for the 20th of August, covering the latest developments.
Russian ballistic missile strikes on Ukraine’s capital Kyiv has killed at least sixteen people and injured more than forty others, Ukrainian officials said, with fires reported across the city and Poland activating defensive air operations.
Pakistan is deepening engagement with Syria’s new leadership as Israeli strikes add fresh pressure on the country’s fragile political transition, with Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad al-Shaibani concluding a landmark visit to Islamabad.
Afghanistan and Belarus have agreed to advance joint industrial projects, investment and technical cooperation following talks in Minsk, as Kabul seeks Belarusian machinery and support to develop domestic manufacturing.
Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan are drawing up a new programme aimed at boosting bilateral trade to $1 billion by 2030, as the two countries move to deepen economic and industrial ties.
Syria says it assured Israel that Türkiye had no plans to establish a military presence at the Abu al-Duhur airbase before Israeli forces struck the site on Tuesday.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has issued his strongest warning yet over Türkiye's growing military role in Syria, saying Israel will not accept Turkish forces expanding their presence further south.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment