live U.S.-Iran standoff continues as Hormuz shipping and diplomacy remain uncertain
Shipping traffic through the Strait of Hormuz remains limited on Thursday, with no increase in vessel crossings as U.S.-Iran talks to res...
Kazakhstan's Energy Minister Yerlan Akkenzhenov met with OPEC Secretary General Haitham AlGhais in Astana today, reiterating the nation's strong commitment to the Declaration of Cooperation and joint efforts to ensure a stable global oil market.
Yerlan Akkenzhenov, Minister of Energy of Kazakhstan, held a significant meeting today with His Excellency Haitham AlGhais, Secretary General of OPEC, in Astana.
During their discussions, Minister Akkenzhenov reaffirmed Kazakhstan’s unwavering commitment to the historic Declaration of Cooperation (DoC). He emphasised the nation's readiness to continue collaborative efforts aimed at ensuring a stable global oil market.
Both Minister Akkenzhenov and Secretary General AlGhais highly assessed the positive results of their cooperation and the consensus outcome achieved during the recent meeting of the eight OPEC+ countries.
On Saturday, May 31, the eight OPEC+ countries of Saudi Arabia, Russia, Iraq, the United Arab Emirates, Algeria, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, and Oman, which had previously reduced output by 2.2 million barrels per day, agreed to increase production quotas by 411,000 barrels per day starting in July.
Kazakhstan reaffirmed its willingness to further work closely with OPEC and the countries participating in the Declaration of Cooperation. The Minister stressed Kazakhstan's dedication to strengthening stability in the global market, highlighting that these efforts are in the best interests of producers, consumers, and the global economy as a whole.
The collective-defence agreement between Türkiye, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan signals that regional powers no longer want to rely solely on external security guarantees. Whether it becomes a stabilising deterrent or another axis of rivalry remains unresolved.
Shipping traffic through the Strait of Hormuz remains limited on Thursday, with no increase in vessel crossings as U.S.-Iran talks to resolve the conflict remained stalled. Nine commodity vessels transited the key waterway on Wednesday, unchanged from the previous day, according to Kpler data.
Shipping through the Strait of Hormuz has slowed, according to the latest data, as uncertainty over the waterway’s reopening kept most shipowners away. Six commodity vessels crossed the strait on Tuesday, down from nine the day before and below the 10-day daily average of 11.
Iran has said the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until the U.S. fulfils the terms of an interim deal, including lifting the maritime blockade and sanctions and releasing Iran’s frozen assets.
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top news stories for the 19th of August, covering the latest developments.
Afghanistan and Belarus have agreed to advance joint industrial projects, investment and technical cooperation following talks in Minsk, as Kabul seeks Belarusian machinery and support to develop domestic manufacturing.
Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan are drawing up a new programme aimed at boosting bilateral trade to $1 billion by 2030, as the two countries move to deepen economic and industrial ties.
Syria says it assured Israel that Türkiye had no plans to establish a military presence at the Abu al-Duhur airbase before Israeli forces struck the site on Tuesday.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has issued his strongest warning yet over Türkiye's growing military role in Syria, saying Israel will not accept Turkish forces expanding their presence further south.
Azerbaijan’s support for Ukraine could provide a model for neighbouring countries seeking to strengthen their sovereignty, the director of development at an organisation supporting Ukraine’s armed forces has told AnewZ.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment