Trump seeks to intensify economic pressure on Iran so what are his options?
U.S. President Donald Trump has vowed...
Two endangered loggerhead sea turtles have been released into the Mediterranean from Türkiye's Antalya province as part of a conservation project to track their migration and strengthen protection efforts.
The turtles, named Flora and Fauna, were fitted with satellite tracking devices before being released from Ulualan Public Beach after nesting at Manavgat Kızılot, one of the Mediterranean's most important loggerhead nesting sites.
The initiative is part of the Marine Turtle Research, Monitoring and Conservation Project, a partnership between Türkiye's General Directorate of Nature Conservation and National Parks, the Ecological Research Association (EKAD) and TÜPRAG Metal Mining.
Data collected from the satellite transmitters will be made available through a mobile application and web platform, allowing researchers to monitor the turtles' migration routes, feeding grounds and wintering areas.

Dr Ali Fuat Canbolat, chairperson of EKAD, said the information would help scientists better protect loggerhead sea turtles throughout their life cycle.
"With the satellite devices, we will learn about the caretta caretta's wintering grounds, feeding areas and migration routes. It's essential to protect these turtles in their marine habitats as well," he said.
The project follows last year's successful satellite tracking of two other loggerhead turtles, Altın and Gümüş, whose movements have been monitored for more than a year.
Jale Şakıyan Ateş, TÜPRAG's Environment and Sustainability Manager, said the programme aims to improve understanding of endangered species while raising public awareness through education initiatives in schools and across the tourism sector.
She said Kızılot is the largest loggerhead nesting site in the Mediterranean, underscoring the importance of long-term conservation efforts.

Loggerhead sea turtles (Caretta caretta) are listed as Vulnerable on the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List. They face threats including habitat loss, pollution, fishing activity and climate change.
Researchers hope the new tracking programme will provide valuable scientific data to help safeguard the species and support conservation efforts across the Mediterranean.

Russia is open to listening to new proposals on how to reach a settlement on the Ukraine conflict, a senior Russian diplomat said, but any proposals should reflect the "realities on the ground".
Iran on Saturday denounced U.S. plans to announce new sanctions that could put further strain on the Islamic Republic's economy and have an impact on its most important trading partners including China.
A large-scale drone attack has hit Russia's Samara region, damaging facilities and disrupting operations at an Ozon logistics complex, according to regional authorities and the company.
Nordic and Baltic leaders arrived in Kyiv for Ukraine’s Flag Day on Sunday as Russia continued its drone campaign and Kyiv warned of a potential new Russian mobilisation.
U.S. President Donald Trump said Iran was not ready to make what he called the "right deal" with Washington as tensions persisted over the war and the Strait of Hormuz.
A wildfire in Croatia driven by strong winds descended on the tourist town of Omis overnight, engulfing houses, forcing about 1,000 people to evacuate to safety and injuring dozens, fire brigade and health officials said on Friday.
Rhossi, a rare Kemp’s ridley sea turtle that washed up near death on a Welsh beach in 2023, has returned to Texas after more than two years of rehabilitation in the UK.
Glacier coverage in Kyrgyzstan’s Issyk-Kul Basin has shrunk by 33.7 per cent over the past 70–90 years, according to an updated glacier inventory by Kyrgyzhydromet. The agency says the pace of glacier retreat has accelerated sharply in recent years.
Extreme heat and historically low river levels are forcing nuclear power plants across Southeast Europe to reduce production, increasing pressure on already stretched electricity supplies and prompting governments to call for lower consumption.
Flash floods in Gansu Province in China's northwest last week killed 25 people and injured 23 more, the official Xinhua news agency reported on Sunday, raising earlier death tolls.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment