Kazakhstan concludes first Kurultai election with turnout at 74.19%
Kazakhstan has concluded its first election to the new unicameral Kurultai, with turnout reaching 74.19 per cent, as vote counting begins following...
Russian drones struck a military hospital, shopping centre, apartment blocks, and other targets in Kharkiv, Ukraine’s second-largest city, late on Saturday. The attacks resulted in the deaths of two people and injuries to at least 25 others, according to local officials and the Ukrainian military.
The Ukrainian military’s General Staff reported on Telegram that injuries occurred among servicemen undergoing treatment at a medical centre. Kharkiv Mayor Ihor Terekhov stated that one of the victims had been pulled from under rubble and placed the total number of injured at 27.
Oleh Syniehubov, the regional governor, reported 25 injuries, while prosecutors quoted by public broadcaster Suspilne estimated the number at 30. Photos posted by Suspilne showed rescue teams in protective gear searching through rubble and twisted metal outside damaged buildings.
Kharkiv, located in northeastern Ukraine, resisted capture during the early weeks of Russia’s February 2022 invasion. However, the city remains a frequent target of air attacks as Russian forces concentrate efforts on occupying larger areas of eastern Ukraine.
As attacks on civilian and military infrastructure continue, Kharkiv remains on high alert for further strikes.
Iran on Saturday denounced U.S. plans to announce new sanctions that could put further strain on the Islamic Republic's economy and have an impact on its most important trading partners including China.
A large-scale drone attack has hit Russia's Samara region, damaging facilities and disrupting operations at an Ozon logistics complex, according to regional authorities and the company.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has rejected calls for a wartime election, arguing that holding a vote while Russia's full-scale invasion continues would divide the country and undermine national unity.
U.S. President Donald Trump said Iran was not ready to make what he called the "right deal" with Washington as tensions persisted over the war and the Strait of Hormuz.
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top news stories for the 22nd of August, covering the latest developments.
The Democratic Republic of Congo is set to receive 70,000 doses of the Ebola vaccine Ervebo as health authorities race to contain what has become the country's largest Ebola outbreak on record.
Kazakhstanis went to the polls on Sunday in a snap parliamentary election held under the country’s new constitutional system, which replaces the former two-chamber parliament with a single 145-seat legislature known as the Kurultai.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has rejected calls for a wartime election, arguing that holding a vote while Russia's full-scale invasion continues would divide the country and undermine national unity.
Syria expects negotiations with Israel over a security agreement to resume soon despite deep mistrust between the two sides, Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad al-Shaibani said in an interview with Reuters, urging Israel to seize an "historic opportunity" as the door for diplomacy is open.
India's Coast Guard and Navy continued search-and-rescue operations off the eastern coast on Sunday after a Panama-flagged cargo vessel carrying 24 crew sank, with two Chinese nationals rescued, a senior official said.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment