Swine fever: Eight new suspected cases hit Spain’s pork exports
Eight more suspected cases of African swine fever have been found near Barcelona as Spain battles to contain growing damage to its multi-billion-euro ...
Lewis Hamilton said on Thursday it could take months to get to grips with his new Ferrari and he was paying no attention to those questioning his performances.
The seven-times Formula One world champion, a record winner of 105 races and title winner with both McLaren and Mercedes, joined Ferrari at the start of the year in a headline-grabbing move.
Ferrari have not won a title of any sort since 2008 and Hamilton's arrival has had fans dreaming that he might be able to deliver but reality has not followed the script so far.
Although the 40-year-old won a sprint race in China in March, he has failed to finish higher than fifth in any of five races to date while teammate Charles Leclerc was third in Saudi Arabia last month.
"When I joined Mercedes, the first six months were tough getting attuned to working with new people," Hamilton told reporters at the Miami Grand Prix.
"Obviously, the engineers I'm working with now are used to setting up a car for a different driver and a different driving style, and I'm used to driving a car with a different driving style.
"So it’s a combination of a bunch of different things."
Asked whether he expected a similar timeline at Ferrari to that experienced at Mercedes, Hamilton replied: "I really don’t know. I genuinely don’t. We’re working as hard as we can to shorten that, but it could be longer. Who knows?"
Hamilton has seen his future called into question by some television pundits, including former drivers, but he shrugged that off.
"I just don’t really think about it. I try not to really focus on opinions of people that have no insight into actually what is going on -- insights from individuals that have never been in my position," he said.
"So yeah, I just keep my head down and try to continue to enjoy the work that I do with the people I work with."
U.S. investigators have recovered the black box recorders from the wreckage of a UPS cargo plane that crashed in flames on takeoff in Louisville, Kentucky. At least twelve people died. The crash sent a wall of fire into an industrial corridor and forced the shutdown of the airport.
The global recall of Airbus A320 aircraft has triggered widespread disruption across several major airlines, forcing flight cancellations in the United States, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
Hezbollah chief Naim Qassem said on Friday that the group retains the right to respond to Israel’s killing of its top military commander, leaving open the possibility of a new conflict with the country.
Kazakhstan has called on Ukraine to stop striking the Black Sea terminal of the Caspian Pipeline Consortium (CPC) after a major drone attack forced a halt to exports and caused serious damage to loading equipment.
Russia’s state communications watchdog said it is tightening restrictions on WhatsApp, claiming the US-owned platform violates Russian law and is being used to facilitate criminal activity, according to comments carried by the Tass news agency.
The White House has opened a new page on its official website accusing journalists and news organisations of biased or misleading coverage of President Donald Trump
Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has submitted an official request for a pardon to President Isaac Herzog, the president’s office said on Sunday.
More than 600 people have died and over 4 million have been affected after a rare tropical storm brought a week of heavy rain, floods and landslides to Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia, as rescue teams struggle to reach isolated communities.
Pope Leo travels to Lebanon on Sunday to deliver an appeal for peace in a country repeatedly struck by Israeli air raids, completing the second and final leg of his first overseas trip as head of the Catholic Church.
Four people have been killed and 14 injured after shots were fired at a child’s birthday party in Stockton, California. Police say the attack may have been targeted, but the investigation is still ongoing and no suspect has been identified.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment