Trump seeks to intensify economic pressure on Iran - so what are his options?
U.S. President Donald Trump has vowed...
Iran has rejected a U.S. proposal to end the war, insisting any ceasefire will occur only on its own terms and timeline, according to a senior political-security official speaking to state-run Press TV on Wednesday.
The official said Tehran had dismissed the U.S. initiative, stressing that an end to what it described as an “imposed war” would depend solely on conditions set by the Islamic Republic.
Iran has instead presented its own framework for ending the conflict, outlining five key conditions. These include a complete halt to what it called “aggression and assassinations.”
Tehran also demanded the establishment of concrete mechanisms to prevent the war from being reimposed, alongside clearly defined and guaranteed payments of damages and reparations.
Further conditions include ending hostilities across all fronts and among all “resistance groups” operating throughout the region.
The official additionally emphasised the need for international recognition and guarantees of Iran’s sovereign right to exercise authority over the Strait of Hormuz.
The U.S. had earlier submitted a 15-point plan aimed at resolving the conflict, according to a report published on Tuesday.
The New York Times, citing two officials briefed on the diplomacy, said the proposal was delivered via Pakistan and outlined steps addressing Iran’s nuclear and ballistic missile programmes, as well as maritime security in the Strait of Hormuz.
The U.S. and Israel have been carrying out airstrikes on Iran since 28 February, reportedly killing more than 1,340 people, including then Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
Iran has responded with drone and missile strikes targeting Israel, as well as Jordan, Iraq and Gulf states hosting U.S. military assets, causing casualties, damaging infrastructure and disrupting global markets and aviation.
Iran on Saturday denounced U.S. plans to announce new sanctions that could put further strain on the Islamic Republic's economy and have an impact on its most important trading partners including China.
A large-scale drone attack has hit Russia's Samara region, damaging facilities and disrupting operations at an Ozon logistics complex, according to regional authorities and the company.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has rejected calls for a wartime election, arguing that holding a vote while Russia's full-scale invasion continues would divide the country and undermine national unity.
U.S. President Donald Trump said Iran was not ready to make what he called the "right deal" with Washington as tensions persisted over the war and the Strait of Hormuz.
Türkiye said on Thursday it would continue helping Syria strengthen its military, despite rising tensions with Israel over Ankara’s role in the country.
Azerbaijan and Uzbekistan have elevated bilateral ties with a Treaty on Eternal Friendship signed by Presidents Ilham Aliyev and Shavkat Mirziyoyev in Tashkent on 23 August. The leaders also agreed to expand trade, investment, transport, and regional cooperation.
Syria has called for international action after an Israeli drone strike hit a civilian vehicle near Damascus, warning that continued Israeli attacks could deepen instability and put civilians at greater risk.
Pakistan says it has added 12 sites to its UNESCO World Heritage Tentative List, taking the total from 25 to 37 and widening the country's roster of potential future nominations.
Uzbekistan and Georgia have launched an electronic permit system for international road freight, replacing paper documents in a move aimed at speeding up cross-border transport and cutting bureaucracy.
Kazakhstan accounts for 45% of Central Asia’s road and rail infrastructure investment, with around $32.3 billion committed as the region expands key transport links across Eurasia.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment