San Diego Mosque Attack: Expert says there is a global connection driving these attacks
More than 2,000 people gathered in San Diego this week for funeral prayers honouring three men killed while trying to stop an attack at the Islamic...
U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday publicly criticized AT&T for technical issues that disrupted a national conference call with faith leaders, urging the company’s leadership to address the situation and suggesting his administration may turn to a different carrier in future communications.
Posting on his social media platform during the call, Trump said, “I'm doing a major Conference Call with Faith Leaders from all over the Country, and AT&T is totally unable to make their equipment work properly.” He added, “This is the second time it's happened. If the Boss of AT&T, whoever that may be, could get involved — It would be good. There are tens of thousands of people on the line!”
The president later apologized to the faith leaders for the disruption, noting the possibility of rescheduling and switching to another provider.
“We may have to reschedule the call, but we'll use another carrier the next time,” Trump said.
AT&T acknowledged the issue, posting on X (formerly Twitter) that it had reached out to The White House and was working to “understand and assess the situation.” The company provided no further comment on the cause or extent of the disruption.
AT&T shares briefly dipped following Trump’s remarks but quickly recovered. The company has previously drawn the president’s ire. During his first term, Trump frequently criticized AT&T over its ownership of CNN, a network he accused of biased coverage.
The latest clash comes as Trump expands his presence in the telecom space. Earlier this month, the Trump Organization announced the launch of 'Trump Mobile,' a branded U.S. mobile service and $499 smartphone, in a licensing deal arranged by the president’s children.
The call with faith leaders was intended as part of Trump’s ongoing outreach to religious communities ahead of the 2026 midterm elections. It remains unclear whether the disrupted call will be rescheduled.
Asian stocks surged on Thursday as some vessels resumed passage through the Strait of Hormuz, while forecast-beating results at Nvidia and a suspended workers' strike at Samsung Electronics lifted shares of chipmakers.
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has said Belarus will not be dragged into the war in Ukraine, while also stressing that Minsk and Moscow would jointly respond to any aggression against them.
The penultimate day of the World Urban Forum 13 in Baku will see Azerbaijan's Pavilion highlight post-construction efforts in Garabagh and East Zangezur, as well as host events on the future of Baku and architectural education.
Fighting in the Russia–Ukraine war has intensified sharply, with both sides launching significant strikes far beyond the front lines as the conflict enters its 1,549th day.
As the 13th edition of the World Urban Forum ended, Azerbaijan's Pavilion showcased reconstruction efforts in its liberated territories and foregrounded the importance of mine removal in resettlement efforts.
China already dominates the global rare earth supply chain. Now, scientists have discovered new deposits in northeastern China that could prove cheaper and cleaner to extract than those mined elsewhere in the country.
More than 2,000 people gathered in San Diego this week for funeral prayers honouring three men killed while trying to stop an attack at the Islamic Centre of San Diego, in what authorities are investigating as a suspected hate crime.
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said negotiations with Iran remain deadlocked over uranium enrichment and the Strait of Hormuz, despite what he described as modest progress in recent talks.
Fighting in the Russia–Ukraine war has intensified sharply, with both sides launching significant strikes far beyond the front lines as the conflict enters its 1,549th day.
Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić said he was pessimistic that an agreement would be reached before Friday’s deadline regarding Hungarian oil company MOL group's bid to acquire a majority stake in Naftna Industrija Srbije (NIS), the operator of Serbia’s only oil refinery.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment