Kazakhstan concludes first Kurultai election with turnout at 74.19%
Kazakhstan has concluded its first election to the new unicameral Kurultai, with turnout reaching 74.19 per cent, as vote counting begins following...
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky held two separate phone calls with US President Donald Trump, centered on a potential ceasefire and how to respond if Russia continues to block peace efforts.
In a briefing, Zelensky said the first call focused on issues “crucial for Ukraine” — mainly a ceasefire, which he said had been discussed earlier in Istanbul and in previous negotiations.
“Before his conversation with Putin, I asked Trump not to make decisions about Ukraine without us. This is very important for us,” Zelensky said. “We agreed to stay in touch. We had a long discussion — over an hour, I believe.”
During the second call, European leaders including Ursula von der Leyen, Emmanuel Macron, Giorgia Meloni, Friedrich Merz, and Alexander Stubb joined the conversation. Zelensky said the discussion was “lengthy and diverse,” and that Trump emphasized the importance of direct talks between Ukraine and Russia.
Zelensky added that if Moscow’s proposals are unacceptable or aimed at forcing Ukraine into a one-sided agreement, he asked the US to treat that as proof Russia is not serious about peace — and to respond with tougher pressure.
Iran on Saturday denounced U.S. plans to announce new sanctions that could put further strain on the Islamic Republic's economy and have an impact on its most important trading partners including China.
A large-scale drone attack has hit Russia's Samara region, damaging facilities and disrupting operations at an Ozon logistics complex, according to regional authorities and the company.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has rejected calls for a wartime election, arguing that holding a vote while Russia's full-scale invasion continues would divide the country and undermine national unity.
U.S. President Donald Trump said Iran was not ready to make what he called the "right deal" with Washington as tensions persisted over the war and the Strait of Hormuz.
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top news stories for the 22nd of August, covering the latest developments.
The Democratic Republic of Congo is set to receive 70,000 doses of the Ebola vaccine Ervebo as health authorities race to contain what has become the country's largest Ebola outbreak on record.
Kazakhstanis went to the polls on Sunday in a snap parliamentary election held under the country’s new constitutional system, which replaces the former two-chamber parliament with a single 145-seat legislature known as the Kurultai.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has rejected calls for a wartime election, arguing that holding a vote while Russia's full-scale invasion continues would divide the country and undermine national unity.
Syria expects negotiations with Israel over a security agreement to resume soon despite deep mistrust between the two sides, Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad al-Shaibani said in an interview with Reuters, urging Israel to seize an "historic opportunity" as the door for diplomacy is open.
India's Coast Guard and Navy continued search-and-rescue operations off the eastern coast on Sunday after a Panama-flagged cargo vessel carrying 24 crew sank, with two Chinese nationals rescued, a senior official said.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment