Kazakhstan urges Ukraine to halt pipeline attacks
Kazakhstan has called on Ukraine to stop attacks on the Caspian Pipeline Consortium (CPC) terminal on the Black Sea, after a major drone strike halted...
Myanmar’s military junta has rejected ceasefire proposals aimed at facilitating rescue efforts after a devastating 7.7-magnitude earthquake. As the death toll climbs to 2,719, with 400 missing and over 4,000 injured, military operations continue despite calls from opposition groups to pause the conf
Myanmar’s ruling military junta has dismissed ceasefire proposals from opposition and ethnic armed groups, which were intended to allow humanitarian efforts following last week’s 7.7-magnitude earthquake, local media reported on Wednesday.
General Min Aung Hlaing, the junta leader, confirmed that military operations would proceed even as the earthquake death toll reached 2,719. Reports indicate that 400 people remain missing, and more than 4,000 have been injured, according to Myanmar Now.
The National Unity Government (NUG), Myanmar’s shadow administration formed by lawmakers ousted in the February 2021 coup, had declared a two-week ceasefire starting March 30. A similar proposal was made by ethnic armed groups, including the Arakan Army, Myanmar National Democratic Alliance Army, and Ta’ang National Liberation Army.
Although rebel groups had temporarily halted attacks after the disaster, Hlaing accused them of using the break to regroup and train fighters.
“While some ethnic armed groups are not currently engaging in combat, they are using this time to strengthen their forces for future attacks. As this poses a security threat, military operations will continue,” he stated at a fundraising event in Naypyidaw on Tuesday.
Myanmar remains embroiled in ongoing conflict since the 2021 coup, with the junta fighting various armed ethnic groups and pro-democracy forces, including the NUG’s military wing, the People’s Defense Force.
U.S. investigators have recovered the black box recorders from the wreckage of a UPS cargo plane that crashed in flames on takeoff in Louisville, Kentucky. At least twelve people died. The crash sent a wall of fire into an industrial corridor and forced the shutdown of the airport.
The global recall of Airbus A320 aircraft has triggered widespread disruption across several major airlines, forcing flight cancellations in the United States, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
Hezbollah chief Naim Qassem said on Friday that the group retains the right to respond to Israel’s killing of its top military commander, leaving open the possibility of a new conflict with the country.
Kazakhstan has called on Ukraine to stop striking the Black Sea terminal of the Caspian Pipeline Consortium (CPC) after a major drone attack forced a halt to exports and caused serious damage to loading equipment.
Russia’s state communications watchdog said it is tightening restrictions on WhatsApp, claiming the US-owned platform violates Russian law and is being used to facilitate criminal activity, according to comments carried by the Tass news agency.
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen triumphed at the Qatar Grand Prix, overtaking McLaren’s Oscar Piastri for victory, while Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz Jr. completed the podium in Doha.
China’s Xuelong 2 icebreaker has reached waters near Zhongshan Station and begun icebreaking operations as part of the country’s 42nd Antarctic scientific expedition, a 19-month mission aimed at advancing polar research and strengthening international scientific cooperation.
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said on Sunday he expected ongoing talks with Ukrainian officials to deliver “more progress” toward reaching a deal to end the conflict in Ukraine.
OPEC+ is expected to maintain its current oil production levels at meetings scheduled for Sunday, as the alliance weighs the risks of an emerging supply glut against ongoing geopolitical uncertainty, four OPEC+ sources told reporters this week.
More than a thousand people gathered in Hong Kong on Sunday to mourn victims of the city’s deadliest fire in 75 years, as Beijing warned against any protest.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment