live Iran says Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until U.S. meets deal terms
Iran has said the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until the U.S. fulfils the terms of an interim deal, including lifting the maritime blockade ...
A woman in the U.S. has accused internet personalities Tristan and Andrew Tate of conspiring to coerce her into sex work, luring her to Romania and defaming her after her testimony to Romanian authorities, according to a lawsuit filed on Monday.
The civil complaint in Florida was reported earlier by The New York Times, which said it marked the first suit against the brothers to be filed in the United States.
The Tate brothers have been fighting civil and criminal cases in Romania and Britain. The accusations against them include forming an organised criminal group, human trafficking, trafficking of minors, sexual intercourse with a minor, and money laundering. They have denied wrongdoing.
The woman is identified in the court filing as Jane Doe. The Tate brothers had previously sued her for defamation in 2023. The suit by her on Monday alleged that the brothers attempted to "bully and harass" her through the defamation case.
The New York Times reported that Doe, 23, and her parents were granted anonymity by the court because of safety concerns.
Representatives for the Tate brothers could not immediately be reached. Joseph D. McBride, a lawyer representing them, was quoted by The New York Times as saying there was no evidence that his clients had engaged in human trafficking and that the truth was on their side.
Last month, a Romanian court lifted a house arrest order against Andrew Tate, replacing it with a lighter preventative measure pending the outcome of a criminal investigation. He was under house arrest after August when prosecutors started a second criminal investigation against him, his brother Tristan, and four other suspects.
A first criminal case had failed in December when the Bucharest Court of Appeals ruled against Andrew Tate on trial and sent the case back to prosecutors.
The Tate brothers, both former kickboxers with dual U.S. and British citizenship, were the highest-profile suspects facing trial for human trafficking in Romania.
U.S. President Donald Trump says Washington is not seeking an extension of its memorandum of understanding with Iran, claiming the U.S. already controls the Strait of Hormuz through its naval blockade.
Iran has said the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until the U.S. fulfils the terms of an interim deal, including lifting the maritime blockade and sanctions and releasing Iran’s frozen assets.
Ukraine has targeted at least 20 Wildberries warehouses across Russia since 18 July, disrupting a major logistics network. Kyiv says the strikes aim to disrupt alleged military-linked supplies, while the attacks have caused billions of dollars in losses and wider economic pressure.
South Korea's presidential Blue House said on Monday it was reviewing U.S. President Donald Trump's comments on scaling back joint military drills. It added that it hoped a favourable relationship between Washington and Pyongyang could lead to meaningful talks.
Azerbaijan exported goods worth $17.372 million to Armenia between January and July 2026, according to data from the State Customs Committee, as commercial ties between the two South Caucasus neighbours showed signs of expansion.
Britain will continue to support Ukraine “100 per cent” against Russia’s invasion, Prime Minister Andy Burnham said on Tuesday, after Moscow warned London of consequences over reports that British-made drones had been used in strikes on Russian territory.
Russia has summoned Japan’s ambassador to Moscow and delivered a strong protest over what it called “anti-Russian” remarks by Japanese Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi and Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi concerning four disputed islands.
Pakistan is turning to more U.S. crude as disruption around the Strait of Hormuz exposes the risks of its heavy reliance on Gulf energy supplies.
U.S. Forces Korea (USFK) Commander Xavier Brunson visited South Korea's Defence Ministry on Tuesday to discuss plans to scale back the joint Ulchi Freedom Shield military exercise, according to media reports.
European countries are stepping up investment in drones and counter-drone technology as unmanned systems reshape modern warfare, driving demand for new production and capabilities across the continent.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment