Twelve dead after UPS cargo plane crashes on takeoff in Kentucky
U.S. investigators have recovered the black box recorders from the wreckage of a UPS cargo plane that crashed in flames on takeoff in Louisville, Kent...
Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul has filed a lawsuit to stop Elon Musk from giving $2 million to voters ahead of the state’s Supreme Court election, calling it a violation of state election laws.
The attorney general of the U.S. state of Wisconsin has sued Elon Musk to block a $2 million voter giveaway ahead of a pivotal state Supreme Court election.
In the complaint, Josh Kaul called the offer an “egregious attempt to buy votes” and accused Musk and his political action committee of violating Wisconsin election laws.
With the retirement of a liberal justice, the April 1 election will determine whether Wisconsin’s highest court shifts to a conservative majority or retains its liberal tilt.
Late Thursday, Musk announced plans to hold a rally in Wisconsin, where he said he would personally award $1 million each to two voters who had already cast ballots as a show of appreciation.
Wisconsin law explicitly prohibits offering anything of value in exchange for voting, prompting immediate backlash and multiple legal complaints.
In response, Musk deleted the post and later issued a revised statement, saying entry to the event would be limited to those who signed a petition opposing activist judges. He added that he would award $1 million checks to two people selected to serve as spokespeople for the petition.
On Friday, Kaul asked the circuit court to issue an emergency injunction to block the payments, calling them a “blatant attempt to violate” the state’s anti-bribery statute.
Officials also objected to Musk’s political action committee, America First, offering $100 to any registered Wisconsin voter who signed or shared the petition opposing activist judges.
At least 47 people have died and another 21 are reported missing following ten days of heavy rainfall, floods, and landslides across Sri Lanka, local media reported on Thursday (27 November).
Hong Kong fire authorities said they expected to wrap up search and rescue operations on Friday after the city's worst fire in nearly 80 years tore through a massive apartment complex, killing at least 128 people, injuring 79 and leaving around 200 still missing.
Netflix crashed on Wednesday for about an hour in the U.S. as it launched season five of "Stranger Things", with the service becoming inaccessible to many subscribers within minutes of the episodes going live at 8 p.m. local time.
U.S. Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth visited sailors aboard the USS Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier in the Latin American region on Thursday, amid a military buildup by President Donald Trump’s administration that has heightened tensions with Venezuela.
French health experts are warning that the highly pathogenic H5 strain of bird flu, already devastating wild and farm animals, could evolve into a virus capable of human-to-human transmission — potentially sparking a pandemic worse than COVID-19.
Pope Leo visited Istanbul’s Blue Mosque on Saturday, stepping inside one of the most iconic sites of the Muslim world. He removed his shoes at the entrance in a gesture of respect. He did not appear to pray.
Russian drones and missiles struck several districts of Kyiv early on Saturday, killing one person and injuring more than a dozen. Fires swept through residential blocks as debris rained over the city. It was the second major strike on the capital in four days, turning another night into a scene of
Shoppers packed malls and downtown streets in Caracas on Black Friday (28 November) as retailers offered discounts despite Venezuela’s prolonged economic crisis. Customers queued in shoe and electronics stores and browsed signs advertising cuts of up to 50%.
The famed Nuremberg Christmas Market opened on Friday (28 November) with its traditional ceremony featuring the Nuremberg Christkind, an angel-like child figure said to deliver Christmas gifts in some European countries.
A joint operation led by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the U.S. Coast Guard on Thursday resulted in the seizure of more than four tons of cocaine and the arrest of two suspects off Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment