Sudan: UN probe says RSF assault on al-Fashir shows signs of genocide
A UN investigation says the Rapid Support Forces assault on al-Fashir, in western Sudan, showed signs of genocide, citing mass killings, coordinated a...
Hungary will release 250,000 tonnes of crude oil from its strategic reserves following a halt in flows on the Druzhba pipeline. The decision was announced in a government decree published late on Thursday.
The measure aims to ensure a continuous supply of crude oil to domestic refineries and prevent fuel shortages. Authorities have not yet explained why the current stoppage happened or said when it will resume.
Under the new provisions, the Hungarian oil company MOL is entitled to priority access to the released reserves. MOL operates the Danube Refinery in Százhalombatta, which processes fuel for the domestic market.
The government said the released stockpile will allow the company to maintain stable energy production while the pipeline issue is resolved. The reserves will directly replace the missing pipeline volumes to keep operations running.
The Druzhba pipeline is a key energy route for Central Europe, delivering Russian crude to landlocked nations such as Hungary, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic. Disruptions along the route have previously prompted governments to tap into emergency reserves to stabilise regional energy markets.
Hungary is required to maintain strategic stockpiles to manage unexpected supply failures. The current release provides a temporary buffer while alternative supply options or pipeline repairs are evaluated.
Israel is preparing for the possibility of receiving a green light from the United States to launch strikes against Iran’s ballistic missile system, according to Israel’s public broadcaster KAN.
Aghdam’s Qarabag FK experienced a 6–1 defeat to England’s Newcastle United in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League play-off tie in Azerbaijan's capital Baku Wednesday evening (18 February).
U.S. President Donald Trump’s 'Board of Peace' will hold its first leaders’ meeting on Thursday (19 February) in Washington, D.C., launching an initiative aimed at stabilising Gaza and addressing global conflicts. It's drawn support from regional powers but refusals from several EU countries.
Russian President Vladimir Putin met Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez in the Kremlin on Wednesday, telling him that new restrictions imposed on the communist-run island were unacceptable.
A new freight corridor linking China with Tajikistan via Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan has entered pilot operation, marking another step in Central Asia’s expanding transport connectivity.
A UN investigation says the Rapid Support Forces assault on al-Fashir, in western Sudan, showed signs of genocide, citing mass killings, coordinated attacks and exterminatory language targeting non-Arab groups.
Indonesia and the United States have finalised a trade agreement lowering U.S. tariffs on Indonesian goods to 19% from 32%, with exemptions secured for palm oil and several other major exports.
Sixty-five-year-old Halyna Popriadukhina has fled her home three times as Russian troops have marched deeper into eastern Ukraine during four years of war. Tired of running, she hopes Ukraine can somehow hold them back.
The United States has paid about $160 million of the more than $4 billion it owes to the United Nations, a UN spokesperson said on Thursday. The payment came as U.S. President Donald Trump hosted the first meeting of his 'Board of Peace' initiative, which experts say could undermine the UN.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un opened the ruling Workers’ Party congress by hailing the past five years as a period of significant progress, while setting out new economic and political goals amid scrutiny over military plans and possible succession signals.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment