Russia targets Ukraine energy infrastructure in overnight strikes
Russia launched overnight drone and missile strikes across Ukraine, targeting energy infrastructure in multiple regions, Ukrainian authorities said on...
Anewz correspondent Nini Nikoleishvili reports from site of crashed Turkish military plane in Sighnaghi Municipality, saying that limited visibility and rugged terrain are slowing down recovery efforts.
Reporting from the nearest accessible point to the crash site in Georgia's Sighnaghi municipality, Anewz can confirm that Georgia's Interior Ministry Gela Geladze, along with First Deputy Rony Mesri, are currently at the site of the incident coordinating rescue and investigation efforts.
Earlier in the day, a Turkish Military cargo C -130 Hercules plane went down near the Georgian -Azerbaijan border killing all 20 people on board.
Flight tracking data from Flightradar shows the aircraft departed from Ganja Airport in Azerbaijan at 14:19 local time, after which it disappeared from international monitoring platforms.

The plane had been flying at approximately 8 kilometers in altitude and a speed of 519 kph before the crash.
Eyewitnesses, including locals, hunters and farmers report seeing scattered debris across the rugged mountainous terrain indicating the scale of the disaster.
Georgian authorities say the aircraft vanished from Georgian Radar just minutes after entering national airspace without sending an emergency signal prompting the Air Navigation Service to immediately launch search and rescue operations.
Helicopters are currently deployed over the steep crash zone several kilometers from Kholagiri Monastery as emergency and security teams work to recover wreckage.
Authorities caution however that due to the extremely challenging conditions, navigating steep terrain, scattered wreckage and limited visibility, that full -site access and recovery operations may take several hours.
High -level coordination continues with Azerbaijan and Turkey, offering support, including emergency personnel and technical assistance, while Georgian agencies remain fully mobilised.
Georgian Authorities have expressed condolences to the victim's families and the people of Turkey,
Turkey's Ministry of Defense has confirmed the number and identities of those decreased while Georgia's Ministry of Internal Affairs has opened a criminal investigation under Article 275 Part 4 concerning violations of aviation safety regulations, resulting in fatalities.
The Ministry also spoke on the discovery of the wreckage of the C-130 military transport aircraft that crashed on Georgian territory.
“This evening, a Georgian search and rescue team located the wreckage of the aircraft. A Turkish air-crash investigation team is heading to the site. The cause of the crash will be determined after a detailed examination of the debris.”
A seven-month-old Japanese macaque has drawn international attention after forming an unusual bond with a stuffed orangutan toy after being rejected by its mother.
Quentin Griffiths, co-founder of online fashion retailer ASOS, has died in Pattaya, Thailand, after falling from the 17th floor of a condominium on 9 February, Thai police confirmed.
Divers have recovered the bodies of seven Chinese tourists and a Russian driver after their minibus broke through the ice of on Lake Baikal in Russia, authorities said.
President Donald Trump said on Saturday (21 February) that he will raise temporary tariffs on nearly all U.S. imports from 10% to 15%, the maximum allowed under the law, after the Supreme Court struck down his previous tariff program.
Hungary announced on Friday it was blocking a €90 billion ($106 billion) European Union loan intended to support Ukraine’s 2026–2027 budget and military needs, citing disruptions to Russian oil deliveries via the Druzhba pipeline.
Iran announced on Saturday (21 February) that it has designated the naval and air forces of European Union member states as “terrorist entities” in a reciprocal move after the EU blacklisted the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC).
At least 10 people were killed and 50 wounded in Israeli strikes in Lebanon's Bekaa Valley on Friday (20 February), two security sources told Reuters, after the Israeli military said it had targeted Hezbollah sites in the Baalbek area.
Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi on Saturday (21 February) dismissed U.S. claims that 32,000 civilians were killed during protests in Iran. He said Tehran has already released official figures and called for evidence to support any higher estimates.
Uzbekistan's president Shavkat Mirziyoyev has held a series of high-level meetings in the U.S. aimed at strengthening bilateral economic and strategic ties between the two countries.
Türkiye has signalled readiness to contribute to a proposed Gaza stabilisation force during the inaugural Board of Peace meeting on Thursday (19 February), but according to former Turkish diplomat Mehmet Öğütçü, the decisive factor will be whether Israel and the United States agree on Ankara’s role.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment