Xi Jinping says China will remain a trustworthy UN partner
Chinese President Xi Jinping told UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in Tianjin that China will always be a reliable partner of the United Nations,...
Iran’s top diplomat on Sunday issued a stark condemnation of the United States following overnight military strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities, declaring that Washington had crossed a "very big red line" and would be held "fully responsible" for the consequences.
In the first public statements from a high-ranking Iranian official since the attacks, Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi announced that diplomacy is not currently an option. Speaking to journalists at a conference in Istanbul, he signaled a significant hardening of Tehran's stance amid a dramatic escalation of tensions.
"There is no red line that the U.S. has not crossed," Araghchi stated during the news conference. "And the last one and the most dangerous one was what happened only last night when they crossed a very big red line by attacking nuclear facilities."
Araghchi placed the blame for the incident and any subsequent fallout squarely on the American government. "The warmongering, a lawless administration in Washington is solely and fully responsible for the dangerous consequences and far reaching implications of its act of aggression," he said.
The foreign minister also shut the door on immediate diplomatic engagement to de-escalate the crisis. While acknowledging that the "door to diplomacy" should always be open in principle, he asserted, "this is not the case right now."
The statements from Istanbul provide the first official Iranian reaction to the overnight events. While Iran has directly blamed the United States, there has been no immediate comment from Washington regarding its alleged involvement in the strikes. The incident marks a perilous new phase in the long-simmering conflict between the two nations, raising international concerns about the potential for a wider regional war.
A powerful eruption at Japan’s Shinmoedake volcano sent an ash plume more than 3,000 metres high on Sunday morning, prompting safety warnings from authorities.
According to the German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ), a magnitude 5.7 earthquake struck the Oaxaca region of Mexico on Saturday.
The UK is gearing up for Exercise Pegasus 2025, its largest pandemic readiness test since COVID-19. Running from September to November, this full-scale simulation will challenge the country's response to a fast-moving respiratory outbreak.
A Polish Air Force pilot was killed on Thursday when an F-16 fighter jet crashed during a training flight ahead of the 2025 Radom International Air Show.
President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has arrived in China at the invitation of Chinese President Xi Jinping for a working visit on 30 August.
Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva said on Friday that his government is considering reciprocal tariffs on U.S. goods after Washington imposed a 50% duty on Brazilian imports earlier this month.
Türkiye has decided to bar Israeli vessels from using its ports, forbid Turkish ships from using Israeli ports and impose restrictions on planes entering Turkish airspace, Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan said on Friday(August 29).
Russia has supported Azerbaijan and Armenia’s decision to dissolve the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) Minsk Group, stating that the structure will be terminated by the end of 2025.
The Israeli military announced on Friday that Gaza City will no longer be covered by its limited daily humanitarian pause, citing the area as a "dangerous combat zone."
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment