live Iran threatens ‘fully offensive’ posture as oil prices surge above $91 a barrel
Iran has warned it will shift to a “fully offensive” military posture if efforts to reach a permanent peace deal with the U.S. fail, se...
The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) is set to condemn Trump’s Gaza “Riviera” plan, backing Egypt’s $53 billion reconstruction proposal. A classified draft resolution, rejects the relocation of Gazans, calls for urgent international support, and mobilises opposition to the U.S. stance.
In a significant diplomatic escalation, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) is set to formally condemn former U.S. President Donald Trump’s proposed Gaza "Riviera” plan.
The classified document, marked “Very Urgent,” outlines plans for an emergency meeting of OIC foreign ministers in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, where the 57-member bloc will vote on a resolution rejecting any attempt to relocate Palestinians from Gaza.
The draft resolution, obtained exclusively by AnewZ, describes Trump’s proposed relocation of Gazans as “ethnic cleansing” and “a grave violation of international law and a crime against humanity under the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court.”
In a direct challenge to the U.S. position, the document explicitly endorses Egypt’s $53 billion reconstruction plan for Gaza – the same blueprint that received backing at this week’s high-profile Cairo summit attended by key Arab nations.
“The OIC welcomes the plan presented by the Arab Republic of Egypt, in full coordination with the State of Palestine and the Arab States,” the draft resolution states, urging “the international community and international and regional funding institutions to swiftly provide the necessary support.”
Egypt’s alternative vision for Gaza, as previously reported, aims to keep the territory’s two million residents in their homeland while focusing on large-scale reconstruction efforts. The plan includes clearing 50 million tons of rubble, establishing temporary housing, and developing sustainable communities featuring renewable energy, an airport, and seaports.
What makes this diplomatic confrontation particularly significant is the involvement of nations that normalized relations with Israel through the Abraham Accords during Trump’s first term. These countries are now aligning against his Gaza proposal.
The draft resolution also reveals plans for an international conference in Cairo “as soon as possible” to coordinate Gaza’s reconstruction and establish a trust fund for recovery projects. It calls for creating a separate fund to support approximately 40,000 orphaned children in Gaza and providing prosthetics to thousands of amputees, specifically referencing Jordan’s “Restoring Hope” initiative.
In its most forceful language, the document characterizes Trump’s proposal as an attempt to “liquidate the Palestinian cause” and mobilizes international pressure to counter it.
The resolution also supports the upcoming International Conference on the Two-State Solution, to be held at UN headquarters in New York in June 2025, chaired by Saudi Arabia and France.
The OIC document extends beyond Gaza to address regional tensions, condemning Israeli actions in Lebanon and Syria while calling for implementation of existing ceasefire agreements.
As diplomatic battles intensify over Gaza’s future, this exclusive document provides unprecedented insight into the unified opposition forming against President Trump’s controversial vision for the territory and its people.
At least 11 people were killed in Israeli strikes on southern Lebanon on Saturday, among the deadliest since a June ceasefire. Meanwhile, Qatar denied holding Iranian pilots. It said it had found the remains of one pilot after an airspace violation and had contacted Iran to coordinate a handover.
U.S. President Donald Trump says Washington is not seeking an extension of its memorandum of understanding with Iran, claiming the U.S. already controls the Strait of Hormuz through its naval blockade.
A wildfire in Croatia driven by strong winds descended on the tourist town of Omis overnight, engulfing houses, forcing about 1,000 people to evacuate to safety and injuring dozens, fire brigade and health officials said on Friday.
South Korea's presidential Blue House said on Monday it was reviewing U.S. President Donald Trump's comments on scaling back joint military drills. It added that it hoped a favourable relationship between Washington and Pyongyang could lead to meaningful talks.
Residents of villages in eastern Indonesia hit by a deadly earthquake that killed at least 54 people were awaiting aid on Monday as rescuers prepared to comb through collapsed buildings in search of people trapped beneath the rubble.
Iran says it will use all diplomatic and legal channels to determine the fate of three Air Force pilots it believes are being held in Qatar after their fighter jets were downed during the March war.
Kazakhstan has launched a unified digital platform to track coal supplies in real time, giving officials a clearer view of production, shipments, stocks and prices ahead of the heating season.
U.S. President Donald Trump’s push to end the war in Gaza returned to the diplomatic arena on Sunday (16 August), as his envoys met Egyptian, Qatari and Turkish mediators in Cairo while Israeli strikes continued across the strip.
At least 11 people, including three children and two women, were killed in Israeli airstrikes in southern Lebanon on Saturday, according to Lebanese authorities, in one of the deadliest escalations since a U.S.-mediated framework was agreed between Lebanon and Israel.
As the countries of the Turkic world seek deeper economic integration, the Turkic Investment Fund (TIF) is positioning itself as a key financial vehicle for turning political cooperation into tangible development projects.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment