Two killed as Israel launches fresh strikes in Lebanon’s South

Two killed as Israel launches fresh strikes in Lebanon’s South
Smoke billows from different locations in southern Lebanon as seen from Marjayoun near the Israeli-Lebanese border, Lebanon, November 27, 2025
Reuters

Israeli airstrikes on southern Lebanon killed two people in the past 12 hours, Lebanon’s Health Ministry said on Tuesday.

In a written statement, the ministry said Israeli forces targeted two towns in the south of the country. One strike hit a minibus in the town of Hanin in the Bint Jbeil district of Nebatiye province, while another targeted a car in the Marjeyoun district, also in Nebatiye.

According to Lebanon’s official National News Agency (NNA), Israeli forces fired multiple missiles at two vehicles in Hanin.

The report said one of the victims, identified as Mohammed Tahsin Kashakish, was preparing to start his vehicle to pick up students from school when it was struck. He was killed at the scene. The second vehicle targeted in Hanin was also reportedly owned by Kashakish. Fires that broke out in the vehicles were later extinguished, and his body was transferred to a hospital in Bint Jbeil.

In a separate statement, the Israeli army claimed the strikes in southern Lebanon targeted two Hezbollah members.

Despite a ceasefire agreement reached between Lebanon and Israel on November 27, 2024, Israeli forces have continued to carry out strikes, with Lebanese authorities reporting thousands of violations.

Israel launched attacks on Lebanon in October 2023, which escalated into a full-scale war in September 2024. More than 4,000 people were killed and nearly 17,000 wounded during the conflict.

Israel continues to occupy five hilltops it seized after October 8, 2023, and maintains its presence in areas it has held for decades.

Lebanon’s Health Ministry previously said that between November 27, 2024, and November 20, 2025, Israeli attacks that violated the ceasefire killed 331 people and wounded 945 others.

Tags