U.S. moves to prevent Israel-Türkiye clash over Syria
The United States is pushing to establish a formal deconfliction mechanism between Israel, Türkiye and Syr...
Kim Jong Un has accused the U.S. of escalating tensions, warning of a heightened risk of nuclear war on the Korean Peninsula. He criticized past U.S. negotiations as hostile and suggested reopening talks if the U.S. changes its approach.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has accused the United States of escalating tensions and provocations, stating that the Korean Peninsula is at its greatest risk of nuclear war. This statement, made in a speech during a military exhibition in Pyongyang, comes amid international concern over the growing military cooperation between North Korea and Russia, including reports that North Korea sent over 10,000 troops to assist Russia in its invasion of Ukraine.
Kim criticized previous negotiations with Washington, claiming they only highlighted the US's "aggressive and hostile" stance towards North Korea. "Never before have the parties involved in the Korean conflict faced such a dangerous and immediate risk of a thermonuclear war," he said. Kim also declared that North Korea had reached the limit of what it could achieve through negotiations with the U.S., as those talks had only underscored America's unyielding policy.
North Korean state media have not yet commented on the re-election of Donald Trump, who had previously held three summits with Kim between 2018 and 2019. However, these talks ended without significant progress due to the wide gap between U.S. demands for North Korea to relinquish its nuclear arsenal and Kim’s insistence on sanctions relief.
Trump, who has often praised his rapport with Kim, stated last month that their relationship had prevented a nuclear war, saving millions of lives. Hong Min, a research fellow at the Korea Institute for National Unification in Seoul, suggested that Kim’s recent remarks may be an effort to emphasize North Korea’s nuclear strength ahead of Trump’s potential second term, while signaling a willingness to reopen diplomatic discussions if the U.S. shows a more cooperative approach.
U.S. President Donald Trump says Washington is not seeking an extension of its memorandum of understanding with Iran, claiming the U.S. already controls the Strait of Hormuz through its naval blockade.
Iran has said the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until the U.S. fulfils the terms of an interim deal, including lifting the maritime blockade and sanctions and releasing Iran’s frozen assets.
Ukraine has targeted at least 20 Wildberries warehouses across Russia since 18 July, disrupting a major logistics network. Kyiv says the strikes aim to disrupt alleged military-linked supplies, while the attacks have caused billions of dollars in losses and wider economic pressure.
South Korea's presidential Blue House said on Monday it was reviewing U.S. President Donald Trump's comments on scaling back joint military drills. It added that it hoped a favourable relationship between Washington and Pyongyang could lead to meaningful talks.
Azerbaijan exported goods worth $17.372 million to Armenia between January and July 2026, according to data from the State Customs Committee, as commercial ties between the two South Caucasus neighbours showed signs of expansion.
The United States is pushing to establish a formal deconfliction mechanism between Israel, Türkiye and Syria after Israeli airstrikes on a Syrian airbase raised concerns about the risk of a wider regional confrontation.
U.S. President Donald Trump has paused a planned 50 per cent tariff increase on Canadian goods for three days, saying Washington and Ottawa had reached a preliminary agreement.
A federal judge has allowed the Trump administration to move forward with ending Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for thousands of Ethiopian nationals living in the United States, removing one of the last major legal obstacles to a broader effort to roll back humanitarian immigration protections.
With governments focused on conflicts in the Gulf and Ukraine, China is pressing ahead with a more assertive military and strategic posture across the Pacific, particularly around its immediate neighbourhood.
Britain will continue to support Ukraine “100 per cent” against Russia’s invasion, Prime Minister Andy Burnham said on Tuesday, after Moscow warned London of consequences over reports that British-made drones had been used in strikes on Russian territory.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment