Kazakhstan concludes first Kurultai election with turnout at 74.19%
Kazakhstan has concluded its first election to the new unicameral Kurultai, with turnout reaching 74.19 per cent, as vote counting begins following...
The Vatican reports Pope Francis is stable and improving while being treated for double pneumonia at Rome’s Gemelli Hospital. The 88-year-old Pontiff remains under medical care as Catholics worldwide pray for his recovery.
The Holy See Press Office has released a latest update on the health status of Pope Francis, the leader of the Catholic Church.
The Octogenarian religious leader was earlier in the week admitted to Rome’s Gemelli Hospital, being treated for double pneumonia.In a statement released to journalists, the Vatican says "Pope Francis has had a restful night and this morning, got out of bed and had breakfast in an armchair”.
In an earlier release on Wednesday, it has also described the Pope’s condition as "stable," and that "the blood tests, evaluated by the medical staff, show a slight improvement, particularly in the inflammatory indices.
The Prime Minister of Italy Georgia Meloni also visited the Pope on Wednesday afternoon where they spent 20 minutes in private.
Dozens of Catholic faithful gathered outside the Gemelli hospital to pray for the Pope’s recovery on Tuesday which marked his third day on admission.
Pope Francis 88, has suffered some health challenges since he became Pope in 2013 including undergoing colon and hernia surgery in 2021 and now uses a wheelchair due to pain in his knees.
He had also lost his right lung to pleurisy at the age of 21.
The Catholic church in his home country Argentina continues to offer prayers for his quick recovery as over 1.39 billion catholics worldwide continue to await updates on his health.
Iran on Saturday denounced U.S. plans to announce new sanctions that could put further strain on the Islamic Republic's economy and have an impact on its most important trading partners including China.
A large-scale drone attack has hit Russia's Samara region, damaging facilities and disrupting operations at an Ozon logistics complex, according to regional authorities and the company.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has rejected calls for a wartime election, arguing that holding a vote while Russia's full-scale invasion continues would divide the country and undermine national unity.
U.S. President Donald Trump said Iran was not ready to make what he called the "right deal" with Washington as tensions persisted over the war and the Strait of Hormuz.
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top news stories for the 22nd of August, covering the latest developments.
The Democratic Republic of Congo is set to receive 70,000 doses of the Ebola vaccine Ervebo as health authorities race to contain what has become the country's largest Ebola outbreak on record.
Kazakhstanis went to the polls on Sunday in a snap parliamentary election held under the country’s new constitutional system, which replaces the former two-chamber parliament with a single 145-seat legislature known as the Kurultai.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has rejected calls for a wartime election, arguing that holding a vote while Russia's full-scale invasion continues would divide the country and undermine national unity.
Syria expects negotiations with Israel over a security agreement to resume soon despite deep mistrust between the two sides, Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad al-Shaibani said in an interview with Reuters, urging Israel to seize an "historic opportunity" as the door for diplomacy is open.
India's Coast Guard and Navy continued search-and-rescue operations off the eastern coast on Sunday after a Panama-flagged cargo vessel carrying 24 crew sank, with two Chinese nationals rescued, a senior official said.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment