live Iran says Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until U.S. meets deal terms
Iran has said the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until the U.S. fulfils the terms of an interim deal, including lifting the maritime blockade ...
Donald Trump has reached a $25 million settlement with Meta, following his suspension from Facebook in 2021 after the January 6 riot. The funds will largely support Trump's presidential library.
Donald Trump has reached a settlement agreement with Meta, in which the company will pay $25 million to resolve a lawsuit filed against them after his suspension from Facebook in 2021. This suspension followed the January 6 riot, which led to widespread controversy and legal actions.
The settlement, which was confirmed by Trump's attorney John Coale, was signed on Wednesday in the Oval Office. A significant portion of the $25 million is expected to be allocated to Trump’s presidential library. The news first emerged from The Wall Street Journal, coinciding with Meta’s quarterly earnings report, which was delayed.
Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Meta, refrained from addressing the specifics of the settlement during the earnings call. However, he made a broader comment about the company’s future relationship with governments, stating that the current US administration was supportive of American tech firms and their global standing. He expressed optimism about the opportunities for progress and innovation this could bring.
This settlement follows a series of actions by Meta to mend its relationship with Trump. Notably, the company had previously faced threats from Trump, who had expressed intentions of having Zuckerberg jailed. Meta’s connections to Trump extend beyond this legal dispute, with the company donating $1 million to his inauguration fund following his election victory.
In addition to Meta, Trump has pursued legal action against other tech firms. This includes lawsuits against Twitter, now X, and YouTube, accusing them of censorship. While a federal judge dismissed his case against Twitter in 2022, his suit against YouTube was “administratively closed” in 2023. Similarly, ABC News reached a $15 million settlement with Trump over a defamation lawsuit, with the funds also directed towards his library.
This settlement underscores the ongoing tensions between political figures and tech companies, as both sides continue to navigate issues of free speech, censorship, and corporate influence in the public sphere.
U.S. President Donald Trump says Washington is not seeking an extension of its memorandum of understanding with Iran, claiming the U.S. already controls the Strait of Hormuz through its naval blockade.
Iran has said the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until the U.S. fulfils the terms of an interim deal, including lifting the maritime blockade and sanctions and releasing Iran’s frozen assets.
Ukraine has targeted at least 20 Wildberries warehouses across Russia since 18 July, disrupting a major logistics network. Kyiv says the strikes aim to disrupt alleged military-linked supplies, while the attacks have caused billions of dollars in losses and wider economic pressure.
South Korea's presidential Blue House said on Monday it was reviewing U.S. President Donald Trump's comments on scaling back joint military drills. It added that it hoped a favourable relationship between Washington and Pyongyang could lead to meaningful talks.
Azerbaijan exported goods worth $17.372 million to Armenia between January and July 2026, according to data from the State Customs Committee, as commercial ties between the two South Caucasus neighbours showed signs of expansion.
Britain will continue to support Ukraine “100 per cent” against Russia’s invasion, Prime Minister Andy Burnham said on Tuesday, after Moscow warned London of consequences over reports that British-made drones had been used in strikes on Russian territory.
Russia has summoned Japan’s ambassador to Moscow and delivered a strong protest over what it called “anti-Russian” remarks by Japanese Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi and Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi concerning four disputed islands.
Pakistan is turning to more U.S. crude as disruption around the Strait of Hormuz exposes the risks of its heavy reliance on Gulf energy supplies.
U.S. Forces Korea (USFK) Commander Xavier Brunson visited South Korea's Defence Ministry on Tuesday to discuss plans to scale back the joint Ulchi Freedom Shield military exercise, according to media reports.
European countries are stepping up investment in drones and counter-drone technology as unmanned systems reshape modern warfare, driving demand for new production and capabilities across the continent.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment