South Korea seeks talks after Trump orders cut to U.S. military drills
South Korea's presidential Blue House said on Monday it was reviewing U.S. President Donald Trump's comments on scaling back joint military...
Severe storms in central China’s Hubei province have left at least eight people dead, state media reported on Tuesday.
Winds of up to 149 kilometers per hour (kph) lashed the cities of Huangshi, Huanggang, Ezhou and Xianning over four hours on Monday evening, China’s Xinhua News Agency reported, citing Hubei's emergency department.
China’s National Meteorological Centre said heavy rain was expected to spread to southeastern and eastern China over the next 24 hours.
It said that the region of Guangxi and provinces of Jiangsu and Shandong should brace for extremely heavy rain of up to 260mm over the next 24 hours, potentially triggering landslides.
Other areas to China's northeast and south should also expect tornadoes, the Centre added.
Around 275 people so far have sustained injuries in the severe weather with more than 400 residents evacuated to safe places by subdistrict and community authorities.
Rescue and relief efforts are curently underway in affected areas.
Hubei and Shandong are among China's key agricultural provinces, with the heavy rain raising concerns about damage to corn, peanuts and vegetable crops that are harvested later in the season than wheat.
At least 11 people were killed in Israeli strikes on southern Lebanon on Saturday, among the deadliest since a June ceasefire. Meanwhile, Qatar denied holding Iranian pilots. It said it had found the remains of one pilot after an airspace violation and had contacted Iran to coordinate a handover.
A wildfire in Croatia driven by strong winds descended on the tourist town of Omis overnight, engulfing houses, forcing about 1,000 people to evacuate to safety and injuring dozens, fire brigade and health officials said on Friday.
U.S. President Donald Trump's threats to make the Strait of Hormuz part of U.S. territory have been mocked by Iran's Deputy Foreign Minister, Kazem Gharibabadi, who said the sea passage "cannot be seized by tweet."
Russia and Ukraine traded large-scale overnight attacks targeting energy, industrial and military facilities on Saturday, with a three-month-old baby killed and 11 people injured in a Russian drone strike on a residential building in Ukraine’s Dnipropetrovsk region.
For fishermen along Pakistan’s southwestern coast, the consequences of the U.S.-Iran conflict are being felt far from the battlefield.
South Korea's presidential Blue House said on Monday it was reviewing U.S. President Donald Trump's comments on scaling back joint military drills. It added that it hoped a favorable relationship between Washington and Pyongyang could lead to meaningful talks.
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top news stories for the 17th of August, covering the latest developments.
Rescuers in eastern Indonesia will search collapsed buildings on Monday for survivors who may still be trapped under the rubble after a deadly earthquake killed at least 53 people. The country is marking its Independence Day as it reels from the latest tremors.
More than 183,000 customers across Hawaii were without power as Tropical Storm Lala weakened after bringing hurricane-force winds, heavy rain, and flooding to the islands.
Canadian measures aimed at preventing terrorist financing can obstruct legitimate humanitarian work by Muslim charities, particularly when aid is destined for countries considered high-risk, according to a new study.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment