War intensifies as Ukraine targets Russian infrastructure amid stalled peace talks
Fighting in the Russia–Ukraine war has intensified sharply, with both sides launching significant strikes...
A source has confirmed to Anewz that all bodies of the 20 victims in the Turkish Military place crash have been recovered by search teams in Georgia's Sighnaghi municipality.
AnewZ correspondent is currently at the nearest accessible point to the crash site where recovery efforts are still underway following the tragedy.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had said that the black box of the downed Military C-130 plane was recovered by search teams and that investigation into the cause of the crash has begun.
Speaking at the AK Party Expanded Provincial Presidents Meeting in Ankara on Wednesday, he read out the names of all personnel who died in the tragedy, hailing them as heroes.
Twenty military personnel died on Tuesday when Türkiye’s military aircraft crashed in Georgia with recovery efforts still ongoing almost 24 hours after the incident.
Türkiye Ministry of National Defence reported that search and rescue and accident investigation teams have begun examining the wreckage of the military cargo plane that crashed on the Azerbaijan-Georgia border.
In a statement, the ministry said, "At 06:30, in coordination with Georgian authorities, search and rescue and accident investigation teams began their examination of the wreckage of our military cargo plane that crashed on the Azerbaijan-Georgia border."
On Wednesday, the Turkish Defence Ministry released the identities of the soldier killed in the crash.
The leaders of Azerbaijan and Georgia, as well as the NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte, have all conveyed condolences. Tom Barrack, the U.S. Ambassador to Türkiye, has also expressed his country's solidarity with Türkiye after the crash.
Turkish Defence Minster Yasar Guler on Tuesday spoke to his Georgian and Azerbaijani counterparts, as well as Azerbaijan's chief of staff, to discuss search and rescue operations.
Speaking at an event in the capital Ankara, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan offered condolences for those who had died.
The aircraft had departed from Ganja International Airport in western Azerbaijan before disappearing from radar and descended in a mountainous area of Georgia’s Sighnaghi region.
According to exclusive information obtained by AnewZ, the aircraft had spent around two hours at Ganja Airport before take-off.
During that time, the crew carried out necessary maintenance and preparatory works near the aircraft. No third parties were allowed access, and all safety protocols were reportedly observed.
The plane was transporting members of the Turkish Air Force responsible for servicing the F-16 jets that took part in the Victory Day military parade in Baku on 8 November, as well as mechanical spare parts for those aircraft.
AnewZ’s sources confirm that no explosive materials were on board and that no signs of external interference or detonation were detected on the debris. The same conclusion is supported by video footage of the falling aircraft circulating online, which shows no visible signs of explosion.
Based on the information acquired by AnewZ, investigators are considering two main possible causes of the crash.
The first relates to the age of the aircraft, which had been in service for more than 50 years, with its last major overhaul carried out in 2020.
Experts note that corrosion or metal fatigue could have caused a structural failure during flight, similar to the 2017 crash of a U.S. Marine Corps KC-130, which disintegrated in mid-air due to a ruptured propeller blade.
The second possibility involves the cargo-loading process. In transport aircraft, improperly secured loads can shift during flight, causing imbalance and vibration that may compromise the fuselage and lead to structural failure.
On-site sources told AnewZ that the aircraft’s black box was recovered from open terrain after the crash.
The device will be sent for decoding, and the results will be made public once analysis is complete. Authorities from Türkiye, Georgia, and Azerbaijan are said to be cooperating closely to determine the exact cause of the tragedy.
The C-130 Hercules is a long-serving tactical transport aircraft widely used by the Turkish Air Force.
The final conclusions are expected once the flight-recorder data are analysed and the joint investigation report is released.
Asian stocks surged on Thursday as some vessels resumed passage through the Strait of Hormuz, while forecast-beating results at Nvidia and a suspended workers' strike at Samsung Electronics lifted shares of chipmakers.
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has said Belarus will not be dragged into the war in Ukraine, while also stressing that Minsk and Moscow would jointly respond to any aggression against them.
The penultimate day of the World Urban Forum 13 in Baku will see Azerbaijan's Pavilion highlight post-construction efforts in Garabagh and East Zangezur, as well as host events on the future of Baku and architectural education.
Fighting in the Russia–Ukraine war has intensified sharply, with both sides launching significant strikes far beyond the front lines as the conflict enters its 1,549th day.
As the 13th edition of the World Urban Forum ended, Azerbaijan's Pavilion showcased reconstruction efforts in its liberated territories and foregrounded the importance of mine removal in resettlement efforts.
China already dominates the global rare earth supply chain. Now, scientists have discovered new deposits in northeastern China that could prove cheaper and cleaner to extract than those mined elsewhere in the country.
Fighting in the Russia–Ukraine war has intensified sharply, with both sides launching significant strikes far beyond the front lines as the conflict enters its 1,549th day.
Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić said he was pessimistic that an agreement would be reached before Friday’s deadline regarding Hungarian oil company MOL group's bid to acquire a majority stake in Naftna Industrija Srbije (NIS), the operator of Serbia’s only oil refinery.
A potential call between U.S. President Donald Trump and Taiwan President Lai Ching-te has triggered sharp warnings from China, underlining once again how sensitive Taiwan remains in relations between Beijing and Washington.
U.S. President Donald Trump surprised NATO allies by announcing plans to deploy an additional 5,000 American troops to Poland, just hours before Secretary of State Marco Rubio was due to meet alliance ministers in Sweden on Friday amid growing divisions over the Iran war.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment