Three killed in San Diego Islamic Centre shooting as police confirm suspects dead
Three people have been killed in a shooting at the Islamic Centre of San Diego, including a security guard while the two suspects were later found ...
Almost 1,000 Sudanese civilians have fled their homes in North Darfur in a single day due to intensifying insecurity, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) said on Sunday.
According to the United Nations agency, around 970 people were displaced from the village of Mizbat in Umm Baru locality on 1 November as violence escalated in the area. The displaced have sought refuge in nearby locations, with the situation described as tense and volatile.
The IOM warned that more people could be forced to flee if the security situation continues to deteriorate. Umm Baru lies about 300 kilometres northwest of Al-Fashir, the capital of North Darfur.
Last week, the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) seized control of Al-Fashir, with local and international groups accusing the RSF of committing massacres against civilians. The takeover has fuelled fears that the fighting could cement Sudan’s de facto partition.
RSF leader Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo, known as Hemedti, later admitted that “violations” had been carried out by his forces in Al-Fashir, saying internal investigations were underway.
The conflict between the Sudanese army and the RSF began in April 2023 and has so far killed about 20,000 people and displaced more than 15 million across Sudan and neighbouring countries, according to UN and local reports.
Bulgaria has won the Eurovision Song Contest for the first time, taking victory in a final overshadowed by a boycott over Israel’s participation and the war in Gaza.
The World Urban Forum (WUF13) continues in Baku, Azerbaijan on 18 May, addressing the global housing crisis. The day’s agenda includes the official opening press conference, the WUF13 Urban Expo opening and a ministerial dialogue on the Nairobi Declaration to advance Africa's urban agenda.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he had paused a planned attack on Iran after appeals from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, allowing negotiations to continue over a possible deal to end the conflict.
A 5.2 magnitude earthquake struck China’s Guangxi region early on Monday, killing two people and forcing more than 7,000 residents in Liuzhou to evacuate as rescue efforts continued.
U.S. President Donald Trump says China's Xi Jinping agreed Iran must reopen the Strait of Hormuz, as Tehran prepares a new shipping mechanism. Tensions over the U.S. blockade and stalled nuclear talks continue to disrupt global oil supplies.
Three people have been killed in a shooting at the Islamic Centre of San Diego, including a security guard while the two suspects were later found dead after the attack, authorities have confirmed.
At least four people have been killed in protests across Kenya over sharp fuel price rises, as a nationwide transport strike brought parts of the country to a standstill.
Gunmen killed at least 10 people, including women and children, in an attack on a rural community in Nigeria’s northwestern Katsina State, residents said.
Russian President Vladimir Putin’s upcoming visit to China is expected to focus on strengthening bilateral ties, particularly through expanded trade and economic cooperation.
Israeli military strikes across Gaza killed at least eight Palestinians on Sunday, according to local health officials, as the Israel Defense Forces intensified operations targeting Hamas commanders and infrastructure across the enclave.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment