Türkiye’s Gaza role depends on U.S.–Israel political consensus
Türkiye has signalled readiness to contribute to a proposed Gaza stabilisation force during the inaugural Board of Peace meeting on Thursday (19 Febr...
Suspects involved in the daring daylight theft of France’s crown jewels from the Louvre were detained near Paris on Saturday, shortly before one of them attempted to leave the country from Charles de Gaulle Airport, the Paris prosecutor announced on Sunday.
According to Le Parisien, which first reported the arrests, two men in their thirties from the Seine-Saint-Denis suburb of the French capital were taken into custody on Saturday evening. Both were already known to police, and one had been preparing to fly to Algeria, the newspaper said.
Paris prosecutor Laure Beccuau declined to specify how many individuals had been arrested or to provide further details about them. In a statement, she condemned the leak of information surrounding the arrests, warning that it could obstruct the work of investigators.
“This disclosure can only hinder the efforts of the roughly 100 investigators mobilised both to recover the stolen jewels and to identify all those involved. It is too early to share specific details,” Beccuau said.
The thieves made off with eight valuable pieces worth an estimated $102 million during the 19 October heist, exposing serious security failures at the world’s most-visited museum. The criminals reportedly used a crane to smash an upper-floor window during opening hours before escaping on motorbikes.
The robbery sent shockwaves through France and beyond, sparking widespread reflection over what many viewed as a national embarrassment.
Israel is preparing for the possibility of receiving a green light from the United States to launch strikes against Iran’s ballistic missile system, according to Israel’s public broadcaster KAN.
Aghdam’s Qarabag FK experienced a 6–1 defeat to England’s Newcastle United in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League play-off tie in Azerbaijan's capital Baku Wednesday evening (18 February).
U.S. President Donald Trump’s 'Board of Peace' will hold its first leaders’ meeting on Thursday (19 February) in Washington, D.C., launching an initiative aimed at stabilising Gaza and addressing global conflicts. It's drawn support from regional powers but refusals from several EU countries.
The Board of Peace will be "looking over the United Nations," said U.S. President Donald Trump at the inaugural Washington meeting, where representatives from over 20 countries gathered to unveil plans for Gaza’s reconstruction and coordinate international support.
Russian President Vladimir Putin met Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez in the Kremlin on Wednesday, telling him that new restrictions imposed on the communist-run island were unacceptable.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov reaffirmed Russia’s support on Friday (20 February) for the negotiation process between Washington and Tehran amid escalating regional tensions.
Relations between Russia and Japan have effectively collapsed due to Tokyo’s “unfriendly” stance towards Moscow, the Kremlin said on Friday (20 February), adding that there is currently no dialogue aimed at concluding a peace treaty.
A UN investigation says the Rapid Support Forces assault on al-Fashir, in western Sudan, showed signs of genocide, citing mass killings, coordinated attacks and exterminatory language targeting non-Arab groups.
Hungary will release 250,000 tonnes of crude oil from its strategic reserves following a halt in flows on the Druzhba pipeline. The decision was announced in a government decree published late on Thursday.
Indonesia and the United States have finalised a trade agreement lowering U.S. tariffs on Indonesian goods to 19% from 32%, with exemptions secured for palm oil and several other major exports.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment