Trump says he will raise global tariff rate from 10% to 15%
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday (21 February) he will raise to 15% the temporary global tariff rate on imported goods imposed after the U...
Authorities in California have identified the dismembered body discovered in a Tesla registered to singer D4vd as 15-year-old Celeste Rivas Hernandez, who had been missing from Lake Elsinore since April 2024.
Authorities have confirmed that human remains discovered on 8 September inside a Tesla impounded at a Hollywood tow yard belong to 15-year-old Celeste Rivas Hernandez.
Police found a head and torso wrapped in plastic in the car’s front trunk after responding to reports of a foul odour. The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner confirmed the remains are those of Rivas, who went missing from Lake Elsinore, California, in April 2024 at age 13. The cause of death has not been released.
The vehicle, with Texas licence plates, had been abandoned in Hollywood Hills and impounded five days before the discovery. It is registered to 20-year-old David Anthony Burke, professionally known as D4vd, who was on tour at the time. A spokesperson for Burke said he has been informed and is “fully cooperating with authorities.”
The Medical Examiner reported that Rivas had wavy black hair and a tattoo on her right index finger reading “Shhh…,” a design also worn by several celebrities, including D4vd, Rihanna and Lindsay Lohan. According to TMZ, Rivas and D4vd shared the same tattoo, and her mother said her daughter had previously dated someone named David.
A song titled “Celeste,” attributed to D4vd and leaked online in 2023, has been linked to the case in media reports, though authorities have not indicated any connection to the death.
The discovery led to the cancellation of D4vd’s Seattle tour date and affected some commercial partnerships.
The Los Angeles Police Department is treating the case as a death investigation. No suspects have been publicly identified, and authorities have appealed for information regarding the circumstances of Rivas Hernandez’s death.
Quentin Griffiths, co-founder of online fashion retailer ASOS, has died in Pattaya, Thailand, after falling from the 17th floor of a condominium on 9 February, Thai police confirmed.
At least four people have died and 17 others were injured after a liquid gas truck overturned and exploded in Santiago, Chile’s capital, authorities confirmed on Thursday. Police said the driver was among those killed.
Cubans are increasingly turning to solar power to keep businesses operating and basic household appliances running during prolonged electricity cuts, as fuel shortages make diesel generators and other temporary solutions more difficult and costly to maintain.
Ukraine’s National Paralympic Committee has announced it will boycott the opening ceremony of the Milano Cortina 2026 Paralympics in Verona on 6 March, citing the International Paralympic Committee’s decision to allow some Russian and Belarusian athletes to compete under their national flags.
Gianni Infantino, president of the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), announced a new partnership with the Board of Peace on Thursday (19 February), committing to build football pitches and arenas in Gaza as part of broader efforts to rebuild the region.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday (21 February) he will raise to 15% the temporary global tariff rate on imported goods imposed after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled against the tariffs he imposed under an economic emergency law.
Germany's ruling conservatives on Saturday (21 February) passed a motion to ban social media use for under 14s and introduce more stringent digital verification checks for teenagers, building momentum for such limits in Germany and elsewhere in Europe.
India and Brazil signed a mining and minerals cooperation pact on Saturday (21 February), as Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the two countries aim to increase bilateral trade to more than $20 billion within five years.
The Russian Defence Ministry claimed on Saturday (21 February) that its forces had captured another settlement in eastern Ukraine.
The U.S. military carried out a strike on Friday (20 February) against a vessel allegedly involved in narcotrafficking in the Eastern Pacific, according to U.S. Southern Command (SOUTHCOM).
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment