Three killed in San Diego Islamic Centre shooting as police confirm suspects dead
Three people have been killed in a shooting at the Islamic Centre of San Diego, including a security guard while the two suspects were later found ...
Joe Biden has undergone a surgical procedure to remove cancerous skin cells and is recovering well, according to NBC News.
Former U.S. President Joe Biden recently underwent a procedure which involved removing cancerous cells from his skin known as Mohs surgery.
NBC News reported on Thursday citing a spokesperson. The surgery is a widely used method for treating the most common types of skin cancer.
Biden, 82, went through the procedure just months after disclosing in May that he had been diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer.
His medical team has described the condition as aggressive but hormone-sensitive, meaning it is expected to respond to prescribed treatments.
No additional comment was provided by the spokesperson on Thursday regarding the outcome of the surgery.
This is not the first time Biden has dealt with skin-related issues. During a routine physical in 2023, while serving as president, a skin lesion was removed and later confirmed as basal cell carcinoma, a common and generally treatable form of skin cancer.
Biden’s health, both physical and cognitive, was a consistent topic of scrutiny during his time in office.
In July 2024, he unexpectedly withdrew from the presidential race, following widespread concern among Democratic Party leaders and voters after a shaky debate performance against Donald Trump.
Elected in 2020 at the age of 77, Biden held the record for being the oldest U.S. president in history until it was surpassed in 2024 when Donald Trump, now 79, won the presidency.
Since stepping down, Biden has remained largely out of the public eye. In April, he made a rare appearance to deliver a speech defending the Social Security Administration in the face of proposed cuts by the Trump administration.
Biden's recent surgery has not been followed by any new public appearances. His team has not yet indicated whether he will return to public engagements in the near future.
Bulgaria has won the Eurovision Song Contest for the first time, taking victory in a final overshadowed by a boycott over Israel’s participation and the war in Gaza.
The World Urban Forum (WUF13) continues in Baku, Azerbaijan on 18 May, addressing the global housing crisis. The day’s agenda includes the official opening press conference, the WUF13 Urban Expo opening and a ministerial dialogue on the Nairobi Declaration to advance Africa's urban agenda.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he had paused a planned attack on Iran after appeals from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, allowing negotiations to continue over a possible deal to end the conflict.
A 5.2 magnitude earthquake struck China’s Guangxi region early on Monday, killing two people and forcing more than 7,000 residents in Liuzhou to evacuate as rescue efforts continued.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Uganda a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC), warning that the situation poses a significant risk of cross-border spread in Central Africa.
Three people have been killed in a shooting at the Islamic Centre of San Diego, including a security guard while the two suspects were later found dead after the attack, authorities have confirmed.
At least four people have been killed in protests across Kenya over sharp fuel price rises, as a nationwide transport strike brought parts of the country to a standstill.
Gunmen killed at least 10 people, including women and children, in an attack on a rural community in Nigeria’s northwestern Katsina State, residents said.
Russian President Vladimir Putin’s upcoming visit to China is expected to focus on strengthening bilateral ties, particularly through expanded trade and economic cooperation.
Israeli military strikes across Gaza killed at least eight Palestinians on Sunday, according to local health officials, as the Israel Defense Forces intensified operations targeting Hamas commanders and infrastructure across the enclave.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment