Uzbekistan and Georgia launch digital permits to speed up freight
Uzbekistan and Georgia have launched an electronic permit system for international road freight, replacing paper documents in a move aimed at speed...
Russia claimed its forces had carried out extensive strikes on Ukrainian drone bases and other military targets on Monday, while Ukraine reported having destroyed a significant amount of Russian military hardware.
According to the Russian Ministry of Defence, its forces took control of a settlement in the Dnipropetrovsk region and targeted bases used to assemble, store, and launch attack drones, as well as ammunition depots.
The General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces said that Russian offensives in various regions had been repelled and a substantial amount of military equipment destroyed.
Since 19:00 on Sunday, Russia had launched 104 drones against Ukraine, with the country’s air defence forces shooting down 76 of them overnight across northern and eastern regions according to authorities.
Speaking at a joint press conference with visiting Norwegian Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Store, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said that Ukrainian and U.S. teams would meet this weekend to discuss the potential for peace talks with Russia and issues such as security guarantees for Ukraine.
Intense diplomatic efforts have been underway in recent weeks to end the conflict. Following a meeting between U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin in Alaska, Trump also held talks last Monday with Zelenskyy and other European leaders.
Shipping traffic through the Strait of Hormuz remains limited on Thursday, with no increase in vessel crossings as U.S.-Iran talks to resolve the conflict remained stalled. Nine commodity vessels transited the key waterway on Wednesday, unchanged from the previous day, according to Kpler data.
Russia is open to listening to new proposals on how to reach a settlement on the Ukraine conflict, a senior Russian diplomat said, but any proposals should reflect the "realities on the ground".
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top news stories for the 20th of August, covering the latest developments.
Five years after Evergrande's debt crisis rattled global markets, founder Hui Ka Yan has been sentenced to life in prison, marking a dramatic new chapter in the downfall of China's former property giant.
Russian ballistic missile strikes on Ukraine’s capital Kyiv has killed at least sixteen people and injured more than forty others, Ukrainian officials said, with fires reported across the city and Poland activating defensive air operations.
Virgin Trains has moved a step closer to challenging Eurostar’s three-decade dominance of Channel Tunnel passenger rail, potentially giving travellers more choice between the UK and mainland Europe.
Russia is open to listening to new proposals on how to reach a settlement on the Ukraine conflict, a senior Russian diplomat said, but any proposals should reflect the "realities on the ground".
Nearly 100 days after dozens of children were abducted from a school in northeastern Nigeria's Borno State, parents have taken to the streets to demand urgent government action to bring them home.
China and Indonesia have agreed to strengthen military ties and deepen cooperation in minerals, energy and technology as Jakarta balances relations with Beijing and Washington amid economic and geopolitical tensions.
An international conference in Baku on 21 August is putting Belgium’s colonial record in Africa under renewed scrutiny. Officials, United Nations experts, researchers and human rights advocates are gathering to discuss whether the country has done enough to address the legacy of its rule.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment