live Trump says attack on Iran was paused, signals possible nuclear deal- Middle East conflict
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday that he had paused a planned attack on Iran after Tehran sent a peace proposal to Washington. He said th...
Hundreds of Israelis gathered outside the Defense Ministry in Tel Aviv on Tuesday night to demand an immediate ceasefire in Gaza and the release of hostages held by Hamas, as tensions over the government’s handling of the war continue to rise.
According to Israeli Channel 12, demonstrators blocked Tel Aviv’s Ayalon Highway, which runs past the ministry, by setting fire to car tires.
Among the protesters were families of Israeli hostages held in Gaza, who joined the rally to express their opposition to the government’s decision to continue the Gaza war, the outlet said.
The demonstration comes amid a prolonged deadlock in ceasefire and prisoner exchange negotiations between Israel and Hamas.
Last week, Israel withdrew from indirect talks in Doha, citing disagreements over a full withdrawal from Gaza, an end to the war, the release of Palestinian prisoners, and the mechanisms for delivering humanitarian aid.
Hamas has repeatedly expressed willingness to release all Israeli hostages at once in exchange for a permanent ceasefire, a full Israeli withdrawal, and the release of Palestinian detainees.
The Israeli opposition and hostage families accuse Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of obstructing a full agreement in favor of partial deals that allow him to prolong the war, in a move driven by political survival, fearing his government would collapse if its far-right flank withdraws over ending the war.
Tel Aviv estimates that 50 Israelis remain captive in Gaza, including 20 believed to be alive.
Meanwhile, Israel is holding more than 10,800 Palestinian detainees, many of whom face torture, starvation and medical neglect, according to Palestinian and Israeli rights groups.
The World Urban Forum (WUF13) continues in Baku, Azerbaijan on 18 May, addressing the global housing crisis. The day’s agenda includes the official opening press conference, the WUF13 Urban Expo opening and a ministerial dialogue on the Nairobi Declaration to advance Africa's urban agenda.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he had paused a planned attack on Iran after appeals from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, allowing negotiations to continue over a possible deal to end the conflict.
A 5.2 magnitude earthquake struck China’s Guangxi region early on Monday, killing two people and forcing more than 7,000 residents in Liuzhou to evacuate as rescue efforts continued.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Uganda a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC), warning that the situation poses a significant risk of cross-border spread in Central Africa.
Eurovision Song Contest once again proved how unpredictable its outcome can be, with Bulgaria’s Dara turning a late surge into a dominant win while several expected contenders collapsed early. At the same time, the absence of the South Caucasus region from the final raised questions.
United Nations World Urban Forum 13 continues in Baku, Azerbaijan on 19 May with sessions and roundtable discussions focused on strengthening dialogue and advancing cooperation in urban development. Organisers say there are nearly 3 billion people globally who face some form of housing inadequacy.
Russian President Vladimir Putin said Russia and China are prepared to support each other on issues linked to sovereignty and national unity, ahead of his visit to Beijing for talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping.
Start your day informed with the AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top stories for the 19th of May, covering the latest developments you need to know.
A U.S. jury has ruled against Elon Musk in his lawsuit against OpenAI, finding the company not liable over claims it had abandoned its original mission to benefit humanity.
Two teenage gunmen opened fire on Monday at the Islamic Center of San Diego, California, killing a security guard and two other men outside the mosque before the suspects were found dead, apparently from self-inflicted gunshot wounds, police said.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment