President Ilham Aliyev holds key meetings with Chinese industry leaders
President Ilham Aliyev held a series of strategic meetings with senior executives from leading Chinese industrial corporations in Tianjin on 31 August...
Iran, Britain, France and Germany will hold deputy foreign minister-level nuclear talks in Istanbul on Friday, officials said, amid warnings that failure to resume negotiations could trigger the reinstatement of United Nations sanctions on Tehran.
Iran will meet with Britain, France and Germany in Istanbul this Friday for nuclear talks at the deputy foreign minister level, according to a spokesperson for Iran’s Foreign Ministry.
The talks follow a warning from the three European countries, known as the E3, that failure to restart negotiations on Iran’s nuclear programme could lead to UN sanctions being snapped back by the end of August.
The E3 nations, along with China and Russia, remain parties to the 2015 nuclear deal that eased sanctions on Iran in exchange for limits on its nuclear activities. The United States withdrew from the deal in 2018.
Recent tensions escalated after Israeli and U.S. airstrikes on Iranian nuclear facilities last month. Before the attacks, Tehran and Washington had conducted five rounds of talks mediated by Oman, but major issues such as uranium enrichment remained unresolved.
Iran insists its nuclear programme is for peaceful purposes only and has criticized European threats to reinstate sanctions, calling them “morally and legally baseless.”
The UN Security Council resolution, underpinning the 2015 deal, is set to expire on 18 October. The snapback mechanism allows restoration of sanctions before that date if talks fail.
It's confirmed that a trilateral meeting between Iran, Russia and China will take place on Tuesday (22 July) regarding Tehran's nuclear programme and the United Nations snapback mechanism, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei said on Monday.
The UN snapback mechanism refers to efforts to reimpose international sanctions on the Islamic Republic.
A powerful eruption at Japan’s Shinmoedake volcano sent an ash plume more than 3,000 metres high on Sunday morning, prompting safety warnings from authorities.
According to the German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ), a magnitude 5.7 earthquake struck the Oaxaca region of Mexico on Saturday.
The UK is gearing up for Exercise Pegasus 2025, its largest pandemic readiness test since COVID-19. Running from September to November, this full-scale simulation will challenge the country's response to a fast-moving respiratory outbreak.
A Polish Air Force pilot was killed on Thursday when an F-16 fighter jet crashed during a training flight ahead of the 2025 Radom International Air Show.
Norway will purchase a fleet of British-built frigates to reinforce its naval strength, the government confirmed on Sunday. The move marks a decisive step in what is expected to be the country’s largest-ever military procurement and a significant boost to NATO’s northern maritime defences.
Indonesian President Prabowo Subianto on Saturday cancelled a planned visit to China as nationwide protests spread beyond Jakarta, with several regional parliament buildings set on fire.
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief: here are the top news stories for the 31th of August, covering the latest developments you need to know.
Russian President Vladimir Putin arrived in the northern Chinese port city of Tianjin on Sunday for a regional security summit, Chinese and Russian state media reported.
China’s largest city and global financial hub, Shanghai, has set a new heat record, state media reported on Saturday. Temperatures in the city exceeded 35°C (95°F) for 25 consecutive days, breaking the previous record set in 1926.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment