President Ilham Aliyev holds key meetings with Chinese industry leaders
President Ilham Aliyev held a series of strategic meetings with senior executives from leading Chinese industrial corporations in Tianjin on 31 August...
Attorney General Pam Bondi has accused the FBI of withholding thousands of documents related to Jeffrey Epstein and says a whistleblower has emerged claiming that the FBI has not provided all required evidence, including audio and video recordings.
The Justice Department released a trove of documents related to Jeffrey Epstein on Thursday evening, including his contact list, flight logs, and a list of evidence gathered against him. However, the roughly 200-page release did not contain any major new revelations, instead listing celebrities and politicians already known to have had some connection to the convicted sex offender.
Attorney General Pam Bondi stated that a witness informed her the FBI’s New York field office had demanded access to the documents so they could be disclosed to the public.
Notable figures in Epstein’s contact list include Mick Jagger, Michael Jackson, Alec Baldwin, former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, supermodel Naomi Campbell, and Ethel Kennedy, the mother of U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Other names include Bob Weinstein, Alan Dershowitz, John Kerry, Dustin Hoffman, Jon Huntsman, Ivanka Trump, and model Liz Hurley. President Trump’s name was not in the contact list.
The DOJ emphasized that this is not a “client list” but rather a compilation of Epstein’s extensive contacts. Addresses and phone numbers were redacted.
The release also included a redacted list of 254 masseuses, whose names were blacked out as they were victims. Additionally, Epstein’s “Lolita Express” flight logs were provided, though these had been previously made public with redactions. Copies of Epstein’s infamous “little black book,” containing 349 names from the 1990s, had also surfaced earlier.
A source familiar with the binder called the release a likely “disappointment” for those expecting bombshell revelations about high-profile individuals. The binder was labeled “Phase One,” suggesting that further disclosures could follow.
Prior to the public release, the files were provided to 15 conservative influencers. Podcaster Liz Wheeler told her followers, “We’re all waiting for juicy stuff. And that’s not what’s in this binder at all.”
Bondi has set a Friday deadline for the FBI to release any outstanding material. FBI Director Kash Patel promised full transparency, stating, “There will be no cover-ups, no missing documents, and no stone left unturned.”
Epstein’s “little black book” first surfaced in a 2009 court case and was later published by Gawker in 2015. That edition, covering 2004-2005, included names such as Michael Bloomberg, Prince Andrew, Henry Kissinger, and Jimmy Buffett. A separate book from the 1990s, containing 221 additional names—including President Trump, billionaire Carl Icahn, and ex-Playboy CEO Christie Hefner—was later found in New York and auctioned off.
No individuals listed in these documents have been accused of wrongdoing related to Epstein.
A powerful eruption at Japan’s Shinmoedake volcano sent an ash plume more than 3,000 metres high on Sunday morning, prompting safety warnings from authorities.
According to the German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ), a magnitude 5.7 earthquake struck the Oaxaca region of Mexico on Saturday.
The UK is gearing up for Exercise Pegasus 2025, its largest pandemic readiness test since COVID-19. Running from September to November, this full-scale simulation will challenge the country's response to a fast-moving respiratory outbreak.
A Polish Air Force pilot was killed on Thursday when an F-16 fighter jet crashed during a training flight ahead of the 2025 Radom International Air Show.
Norway will purchase a fleet of British-built frigates to reinforce its naval strength, the government confirmed on Sunday. The move marks a decisive step in what is expected to be the country’s largest-ever military procurement and a significant boost to NATO’s northern maritime defences.
Indonesian President Prabowo Subianto on Saturday cancelled a planned visit to China as nationwide protests spread beyond Jakarta, with several regional parliament buildings set on fire.
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief: here are the top news stories for the 31th of August, covering the latest developments you need to know.
Russian President Vladimir Putin arrived in the northern Chinese port city of Tianjin on Sunday for a regional security summit, Chinese and Russian state media reported.
China’s largest city and global financial hub, Shanghai, has set a new heat record, state media reported on Saturday. Temperatures in the city exceeded 35°C (95°F) for 25 consecutive days, breaking the previous record set in 1926.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment