Three killed in San Diego Islamic Centre shooting as police confirm suspects dead
Three people have been killed in a shooting at the Islamic Centre of San Diego, including a security guard while the two suspects were later found ...
Billionaire Elon Musk has stated that he is not interested in purchasing TikTok, despite speculation following U.S. President Donald Trump’s remarks suggesting he could buy the app.
Speaking at a summit hosted by The WELT Group, Musk clarified, “I have not put in a bid for TikTok,” adding that he does not use the app and is unfamiliar with its format. “I usually build companies from scratch,” he said, referencing his rare acquisition of Twitter (now X).
The U.S. government has been pressuring TikTok’s Chinese owner, ByteDance, to divest its U.S. assets due to national security concerns. Despite a January 19 deadline to sell or face a ban, ByteDance has denied any intention to sell TikTok. Meanwhile, Apple and Google have yet to reinstate TikTok to their app stores, prompting TikTok to offer Android downloads via its website.
Trump, who previously attempted to ban TikTok, now credits the app with helping him connect with young voters. He has suggested a decision on TikTok’s future will be made soon and recently signed an executive order to create a sovereign wealth fund that could potentially buy the app.
Bulgaria has won the Eurovision Song Contest for the first time, taking victory in a final overshadowed by a boycott over Israel’s participation and the war in Gaza.
The World Urban Forum (WUF13) continues in Baku, Azerbaijan on 18 May, addressing the global housing crisis. The day’s agenda includes the official opening press conference, the WUF13 Urban Expo opening and a ministerial dialogue on the Nairobi Declaration to advance Africa's urban agenda.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he had paused a planned attack on Iran after appeals from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, allowing negotiations to continue over a possible deal to end the conflict.
A 5.2 magnitude earthquake struck China’s Guangxi region early on Monday, killing two people and forcing more than 7,000 residents in Liuzhou to evacuate as rescue efforts continued.
U.S. President Donald Trump says China's Xi Jinping agreed Iran must reopen the Strait of Hormuz, as Tehran prepares a new shipping mechanism. Tensions over the U.S. blockade and stalled nuclear talks continue to disrupt global oil supplies.
Three people have been killed in a shooting at the Islamic Centre of San Diego, including a security guard while the two suspects were later found dead after the attack, authorities have confirmed.
At least four people have been killed in protests across Kenya over sharp fuel price rises, as a nationwide transport strike brought parts of the country to a standstill.
Gunmen killed at least 10 people, including women and children, in an attack on a rural community in Nigeria’s northwestern Katsina State, residents said.
Russian President Vladimir Putin’s upcoming visit to China is expected to focus on strengthening bilateral ties, particularly through expanded trade and economic cooperation.
Israeli military strikes across Gaza killed at least eight Palestinians on Sunday, according to local health officials, as the Israel Defense Forces intensified operations targeting Hamas commanders and infrastructure across the enclave.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment