WUF13 comes to a close as sustainable reconstruction and resettlement feature on final day
As the 13th edition of the World Urban Forum ended, Azerbaijan's Pavilion ...
A charity co-founded by Prince Harry in honour of his late mother, Princess Diana, is suing him for libel at the High Court in London, according to a court record published on Friday (10 April).
Harry, the younger son of King Charles, co-founded Sentebale in 2006 to support young people living with HIV and AIDS in Lesotho and Botswana. He resigned as a patron in March 2025 following a public dispute with the charity’s chair, Sophie Chandauka.
According to records made public on Friday, Sentebale lodged a defamation claim last month at the High Court against Harry and his close friend, Mark Dyer, who was also a trustee of the charity.
No details of the lawsuit have been disclosed. Neither Harry’s spokesperson nor the charity immediately responded to requests for comment.
Prince Seeiso of Lesotho and the charity’s board of trustees also stepped down alongside Prince Harry.
He co-founded the organisation nine years after Diana, Princess of Wales, died in a Paris car crash. Its name means “forget-me-not” in the local language of Lesotho.
The 41-year-old prince described the breakdown in his relationship with Chandauka as devastating, while she reported him and the trustees to Britain’s charity regulator over alleged bullying and harassment.
Following a review, the Charity Commission said it found no evidence of bullying, but identified weaknesses in governance and criticised all parties for allowing an internal dispute to become public.
Asian stocks surged on Thursday as some vessels resumed passage through the Strait of Hormuz, while forecast-beating results at Nvidia and a suspended workers' strike at Samsung Electronics lifted shares of chipmakers.
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has said Belarus will not be dragged into the war in Ukraine, while also stressing that Minsk and Moscow would jointly respond to any aggression against them.
The penultimate day of the World Urban Forum 13 in Baku will see Azerbaijan's Pavilion highlight post-construction efforts in Garabagh and East Zangezur, as well as host events on the future of Baku and architectural education.
Fighting in the Russia–Ukraine war has intensified sharply, with both sides launching significant strikes far beyond the front lines as the conflict enters its 1,549th day.
As the 13th edition of the World Urban Forum ended, Azerbaijan's Pavilion showcased reconstruction efforts in its liberated territories and foregrounded the importance of mine removal in resettlement efforts.
China already dominates the global rare earth supply chain. Now, scientists have discovered new deposits in northeastern China that could prove cheaper and cleaner to extract than those mined elsewhere in the country.
Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić said he was pessimistic that an agreement would be reached before Friday’s deadline regarding Hungarian oil company MOL group's bid to acquire a majority stake in Naftna Industrija Srbije (NIS), the operator of Serbia’s only oil refinery.
A potential call between U.S. President Donald Trump and Taiwan President Lai Ching-te has triggered sharp warnings from China, underlining once again how sensitive Taiwan remains in relations between Beijing and Washington.
U.S. President Donald Trump surprised NATO allies by announcing plans to deploy an additional 5,000 American troops to Poland, just hours before Secretary of State Marco Rubio was due to meet alliance ministers in Sweden on Friday against the backdrop of growing divisions over the Iran war.
SpaceX stopped the launch of its 12th Starship rocket from Texas on Thursday and said it will attempt the high-stakes test flight again on Friday, as Elon Musk's space company nears a record-breaking public listing.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment