Kazakhstan concludes first Kurultai election with turnout at 74.19%
Kazakhstan has concluded its first election to the new unicameral Kurultai, with turnout reaching 74.19 per cent, as vote counting begins following...
The UK has pledged 30,000 drones to Ukraine under a £45M contract to boost uncrewed surveillance and attack capabilities.
The UK has reaffirmed its leadership in supporting Ukraine, with Defense Secretary John Healey announcing on Thursday that 30,000 drones will be sent to Ukraine as part of a £45 million ($55 million) contract.
Healey made the announcement during a meeting of the Ukraine Defense Contact Group at Ramstein Air Base in Germany, alongside Latvian Defense Minister Andris Spruds.
The drones, funded by the International Drone Capability Coalition co-led by the UK and Latvia, will bolster Ukraine's uncrewed surveillance and attack capabilities, as stated by the British government.
The coalition, which also includes contributions from Denmark, the Netherlands, Latvia, and Sweden, has seen the UK commit £15 million to the initiative so far.
Healey emphasized the significance of the initiative, noting, “The fierce courage of the Ukrainian people continues to inspire the world, and this meeting of more than 50 nations sends a clear message to Putin about the international community’s unwavering support for Ukraine.”
He reaffirmed the UK's long-term commitment to Ukraine, pledging £3 billion annually in military aid.
“Our commitment to provide £3 billion a year of military aid for as long as it takes will ensure Ukraine can defend itself and is essential to protect the security of the UK – because the defense of the UK starts in Ukraine,” Healey said.
Iran on Saturday denounced U.S. plans to announce new sanctions that could put further strain on the Islamic Republic's economy and have an impact on its most important trading partners including China.
A large-scale drone attack has hit Russia's Samara region, damaging facilities and disrupting operations at an Ozon logistics complex, according to regional authorities and the company.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has rejected calls for a wartime election, arguing that holding a vote while Russia's full-scale invasion continues would divide the country and undermine national unity.
U.S. President Donald Trump said Iran was not ready to make what he called the "right deal" with Washington as tensions persisted over the war and the Strait of Hormuz.
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top news stories for the 22nd of August, covering the latest developments.
The Democratic Republic of Congo is set to receive 70,000 doses of the Ebola vaccine Ervebo as health authorities race to contain what has become the country's largest Ebola outbreak on record.
Kazakhstanis went to the polls on Sunday in a snap parliamentary election held under the country’s new constitutional system, which replaces the former two-chamber parliament with a single 145-seat legislature known as the Kurultai.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has rejected calls for a wartime election, arguing that holding a vote while Russia's full-scale invasion continues would divide the country and undermine national unity.
Syria expects negotiations with Israel over a security agreement to resume soon despite deep mistrust between the two sides, Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad al-Shaibani said in an interview with Reuters, urging Israel to seize an "historic opportunity" as the door for diplomacy is open.
India's Coast Guard and Navy continued search-and-rescue operations off the eastern coast on Sunday after a Panama-flagged cargo vessel carrying 24 crew sank, with two Chinese nationals rescued, a senior official said.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment