Punch, a baby monkey abandoned by its mother, goes viral after befriending a stuffed orangutan
A seven-month-old Japanese macaque has captured global attention after forming an unusual but heart-warming bond with a stuffed orangutan toy followin...
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Sunday (October 5) criticised the international community for its muted response to a wave of Russian missile and drone strikes that killed at least five people and targeted civilian infrastructure across multiple regions.
Speaking in a televised address, Zelenskyy said the overnight assault was one of the most intense in recent weeks, describing it as a deliberate attack on Ukraine’s energy and logistics networks. “It was a massive strike,” he said. “The Russians aren’t even trying to conceal their true intentions. Most of the targets were civilian — energy facilities, warehouses, railways, and residential buildings.”
According to Zelenskyy, four people, including a child, were killed in the Lviv region, while one person died in Zaporizhzhia. Dozens of residential buildings and civilian enterprises were damaged, with emergency crews working through the morning to restore power and clear debris.
Ukraine’s Prime Minister Yulia Svyrydenko said that infrastructure in several regions — including Ivano-Frankivsk, Vinnytsia, Chernihiv, Kherson, Kharkiv and Odesa — had been struck, as Russia intensified its campaign against energy and gas facilities ahead of the approaching winter.
The Energy Ministry confirmed damage to power infrastructure in Zaporizhzhia and Chernihiv, while Naftogaz, Ukraine’s state oil and gas company, reported hits on gas production sites, though without providing details.
Zelenskyy accused Russian President Vladimir Putin of acting with impunity due to what he described as the West’s lack of decisive action. “Sadly, there’s no strong, adequate response from the international community,” he said. “Putin is mocking the world’s silence and the absence of strong measures. Russia has rejected every proposal to stop the war or even halt the strikes.”
The attacks come as Ukraine braces for its fourth winter of conflict, with Moscow intensifying efforts to cripple the country’s energy grid and undermine public morale amid a stalled diplomatic process.
Kyiv has urged its allies to accelerate air defence support, warning that Russia’s renewed strikes on civilian targets signal an attempt to weaponise the winter once again.
Quentin Griffiths, co-founder of online fashion retailer ASOS, has died in Pattaya, Thailand, after falling from the 17th floor of a condominium on 9 February, Thai police confirmed.
Ukraine’s National Paralympic Committee has announced it will boycott the opening ceremony of the Milano Cortina 2026 Paralympics in Verona on 6 March, citing the International Paralympic Committee’s decision to allow some Russian and Belarusian athletes to compete under their national flags.
An Austrian climber has been convicted of gross negligent manslaughter after his girlfriend died from hypothermia while climbing Austria’s highest peak, the Grossglockner, in January 2025.
President Donald Trump said on Saturday (21 February) that he will raise temporary tariffs on nearly all U.S. imports from 10% to 15%, the maximum allowed under the law, after the Supreme Court struck down his previous tariff program.
A seven-month-old Japanese macaque has captured global attention after forming an unusual but heart-warming bond with a stuffed orangutan toy following abandonment by its mother.
Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has approved new sanctions targeting Russian maritime operators, defence-linked companies and individuals connected to Moscow’s military and energy sectors, according to official decrees issued on Saturday.
Divers have recovered the bodies of seven Chinese tourists and a Russian driver after their minibus broke through the ice of Lake Baikal in Russia, authorities said.
A technical fault in the helium system of NASA’s next-generation moon rocket was announced on Saturday, ruling out the planned March launch window for the Artemis II mission.
President Donald Trump said on Saturday (21 February) that he will raise temporary tariffs on nearly all U.S. imports from 10% to 15%, the maximum allowed under the law, after the Supreme Court struck down his previous tariff program.
Germany's ruling conservatives on Saturday (21 February) passed a motion to ban social media use for under 14s and introduce more stringent digital verification checks for teenagers, building momentum for such limits in Germany and elsewhere in Europe.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment