China launches nationwide fire safety inspection after Hong Kong inferno
China announced a sweeping inspection of fire-safety standards in high-rise buildings nationwide on Saturday after a deadly fire in Hong Kong left at ...
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said on Sunday that the conflict in Gaza “has not yet” ended, calling the release of hostages held by Hamas only the first phase of President Donald Trump’s proposed peace plan.
He noted that while progress had been made, the next steps remained uncertain and would require detailed negotiations.Speaking on NBC’s Meet the Press, Rubio said Hamas had “basically” accepted Trump’s framework for a hostage release, and that discussions were now focused on the logistical arrangements. “They have also agreed, in principle, to what comes next,” he said, adding that “a lot of details are going to have to be worked out.”
In a separate interview with Fox News Sunday, Rubio cautioned that the outcome was not guaranteed. “No one can tell you it’s a 100 percent certainty,” he said. He told NBC that Washington would soon know “very quickly” whether Hamas was genuinely committed to the agreement, as technical talks on the release continued.
“The immediate goal — and one we believe can be achieved soon — is the release of all hostages in exchange for Israel’s withdrawal to the yellow line, where it stood inside Gaza in mid-August,” Rubio explained.
He described the second phase, dealing with Gaza’s long-term governance, as “even harder.” “The challenge will be establishing a Palestinian technocratic authority that isn’t Hamas, disarming militant groups, and ensuring they don’t rebuild tunnels or resume attacks,” he said. “That’s the critical part — without it, there won’t be lasting peace.”
At least 47 people have died and another 21 are reported missing following ten days of heavy rainfall, floods, and landslides across Sri Lanka, local media reported on Thursday (27 November).
Hong Kong fire authorities said they expected to wrap up search and rescue operations on Friday after the city's worst fire in nearly 80 years tore through a massive apartment complex, killing at least 128 people, injuring 79 and leaving around 200 still missing.
U.S. Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth visited sailors aboard the USS Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier in the Latin American region on Thursday, amid a military buildup by President Donald Trump’s administration that has heightened tensions with Venezuela.
Rescuers in Sri Lanka are racing against rising floodwaters and treacherous terrain today after a powerful storm system slammed into the island nation, killing at least 46 people and displacing tens of thousands in a disaster that threatens to strain the country’s resources.
The Spanish agricultural sector has been placed on high alert following the confirmation that African Swine Fever (ASF) has resurfaced in the country for the first time in over thirty years.
China announced a sweeping inspection of fire-safety standards in high-rise buildings nationwide on Saturday after a deadly fire in Hong Kong left at least 128 people dead.
The death toll from floods and landslides following cyclonic rains in the Indonesian island of Sumatra has risen to 303, the head of the country's disaster mitigation agency said on Saturday, up from a previous figure of 174.
Hong Kong on Saturday mourned the 128 people known to have died in a massive fire at a high-rise apartment complex, a toll that is likely to rise with 150 still missing days after the disaster.
The global recall of Airbus A320 aircraft has triggered widespread disruption across several major airlines, forcing flight cancellations in the United States, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
Pope Leo visited Istanbul’s Blue Mosque on Saturday, stepping inside one of the most iconic sites of the Muslim world. He removed his shoes at the entrance in a gesture of respect. He did not appear to pray.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment