Kazakhstan concludes first Kurultai election with turnout at 74.19%
Kazakhstan has concluded its first election to the new unicameral Kurultai, with turnout reaching 74.19 per cent, as vote counting begins following...
Iran has made clear it will not include its defence capabilities in any future talks over its nuclear programme, as diplomatic contacts resume following the June conflict with Israel
Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmail Baqaei told reporters on Monday that “Iran’s defensive capabilities will never be subject to negotiations.”
He also confirmed there are currently no International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) inspectors inside Iran, though a visit by senior IAEA official Massimo Aparo is expected within 10 days.
Iran’s parliament had previously limited cooperation with the agency. Baqaei said further steps will be considered after Aparo’s visit.
Diplomatic contacts between Iran, the UK, France, and Germany were held in Istanbul in May. Indirect talks between Tehran and Washington, mediated by Oman, were disrupted after Israel’s 13 June strikes on Iran, which triggered nearly two weeks of cross-border attacks.
The fighting ended with a U.S.-brokered ceasefire on 24 June.
Iran has always denied it has a nuclear weapons programme.
Iran on Saturday denounced U.S. plans to announce new sanctions that could put further strain on the Islamic Republic's economy and have an impact on its most important trading partners including China.
A large-scale drone attack has hit Russia's Samara region, damaging facilities and disrupting operations at an Ozon logistics complex, according to regional authorities and the company.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has rejected calls for a wartime election, arguing that holding a vote while Russia's full-scale invasion continues would divide the country and undermine national unity.
U.S. President Donald Trump said Iran was not ready to make what he called the "right deal" with Washington as tensions persisted over the war and the Strait of Hormuz.
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top news stories for the 22nd of August, covering the latest developments.
The Democratic Republic of Congo is set to receive 70,000 doses of the Ebola vaccine Ervebo as health authorities race to contain what has become the country's largest Ebola outbreak on record.
Kazakhstanis went to the polls on Sunday in a snap parliamentary election held under the country’s new constitutional system, which replaces the former two-chamber parliament with a single 145-seat legislature known as the Kurultai.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has rejected calls for a wartime election, arguing that holding a vote while Russia's full-scale invasion continues would divide the country and undermine national unity.
Syria expects negotiations with Israel over a security agreement to resume soon despite deep mistrust between the two sides, Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad al-Shaibani said in an interview with Reuters, urging Israel to seize an "historic opportunity" as the door for diplomacy is open.
India's Coast Guard and Navy continued search-and-rescue operations off the eastern coast on Sunday after a Panama-flagged cargo vessel carrying 24 crew sank, with two Chinese nationals rescued, a senior official said.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment