Why Ukraine is targeting Wildberries warehouses in Russia
Ukraine has targeted at least 20 Wildberries warehouses across Russia since 18 July, disrupting a major logistics network. Kyiv says the strikes ai...
Equatorial Guinea has filed a case at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) to stop France from selling a disputed mansion in Paris and to regain full access to the property, the UN court said Friday.
The building, located on Avenue Foch, is at the centre of a long-running legal dispute stemming from the 2017 conviction of Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue—vice president and son of Equatorial Guinea's president—by a French court for embezzlement and money laundering. His conviction led to the seizure of the mansion, valued in the tens of millions of euros. The ruling was upheld on appeal in 2020.
In its lawsuit, filed Thursday, Equatorial Guinea cited the UN Convention against Corruption and accused France of failing to provide assurances that it would not sell the mansion before the ICJ rules on the case.
The mansion is valued at over €100 million.
The West African nation is asking the court to order France to halt any sale, grant it immediate and full access to the building, and refrain from actions that could worsen or prolong the dispute.
According to the filing, French judicial police entered the property on 18 June without notice and changed several locks, further escalating tensions.
At least 11 people were killed in Israeli strikes on southern Lebanon on Saturday, among the deadliest since a June ceasefire. Meanwhile, Qatar denied holding Iranian pilots. It said it had found the remains of one pilot after an airspace violation and had contacted Iran to coordinate a handover.
U.S. President Donald Trump says Washington is not seeking an extension of its memorandum of understanding with Iran, claiming the U.S. already controls the Strait of Hormuz through its naval blockade.
Iran has said the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until the U.S. fulfils the terms of an interim deal, including lifting the maritime blockade and sanctions and releasing Iran’s frozen assets.
Ukraine has targeted at least 20 Wildberries warehouses across Russia since 18 July, disrupting a major logistics network. Kyiv says the strikes aim to disrupt alleged military-linked supplies, while the attacks have caused billions of dollars in losses and wider economic pressure.
South Korea's presidential Blue House said on Monday it was reviewing U.S. President Donald Trump's comments on scaling back joint military drills. It added that it hoped a favourable relationship between Washington and Pyongyang could lead to meaningful talks.
Britain will continue to support Ukraine “100 per cent” against Russia’s invasion, Prime Minister Andy Burnham said on Tuesday, after Moscow warned London of consequences over reports that British-made drones had been used in strikes on Russian territory.
Russia has summoned Japan’s ambassador to Moscow and delivered a strong protest over what it called “anti-Russian” remarks by Japanese Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi and Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi concerning four disputed islands.
Pakistan is turning to more U.S. crude as disruption around the Strait of Hormuz exposes the risks of its heavy reliance on Gulf energy supplies.
U.S. Forces Korea (USFK) Commander Xavier Brunson visited South Korea's Defence Ministry on Tuesday to discuss plans to scale back the joint Ulchi Freedom Shield military exercise, according to media reports.
European countries are stepping up investment in drones and counter-drone technology as unmanned systems reshape modern warfare, driving demand for new production and capabilities across the continent.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment