Airbus A320 recall grounds thousands of jets and disrupts flights globally
The global recall of Airbus A320 aircraft has triggered widespread disruption across several major airlines, forcing flight cancellations in the Unite...
Google is reportedly preparing to collaborate with Taiwan’s MediaTek on the next generation of its AI chips—its Tensor Processing Units—set to be produced next year, according to a report by Information citing people involved in the project.
The move is seen as part of Google’s ongoing efforts to boost its AI capabilities and reduce its reliance on competitors like Nvidia. Unlike earlier projects where Google worked exclusively with Broadcom on its AI chip designs, the tech giant is now considering MediaTek, which offers competitive pricing and maintains a strong relationship with TSMC. A San Jose-based employee mentioned that despite the new partnership, Google has not cut ties with Broadcom.
Google designs its own AI server chips for internal research and development and also rents them out to its cloud customers. This strategy is intended to give the company a competitive edge, particularly as rivals such as Microsoft-backed OpenAI and Meta Platforms experience soaring demand for Nvidia chips. In line with these efforts, Google rolled out its sixth-generation TPU late last year, positioning itself with an alternative to Nvidia’s processors.
MediaTek’s appeal lies partly in its cost-effectiveness; it charges Google less per chip compared to Broadcom. This factor, combined with MediaTek’s robust ties to TSMC, makes it an attractive partner as Google looks to scale up its AI chip production. Research firm Omdia estimated that Google spent between $6 billion and $9 billion on TPUs last year, reflecting the significant investment in its AI infrastructure.
Neither Google, MediaTek, nor Broadcom immediately responded to requests for comment on the matter. As the AI race intensifies, industry analysts say such partnerships are crucial for maintaining technological leadership in a rapidly evolving market.
At least 47 people have died and another 21 are reported missing following ten days of heavy rainfall, floods, and landslides across Sri Lanka, local media reported on Thursday (27 November).
Hong Kong fire authorities said they expected to wrap up search and rescue operations on Friday after the city's worst fire in nearly 80 years tore through a massive apartment complex, killing at least 128 people, injuring 79 and leaving around 200 still missing.
Netflix crashed on Wednesday for about an hour in the U.S. as it launched season five of "Stranger Things", with the service becoming inaccessible to many subscribers within minutes of the episodes going live at 8 p.m. local time.
U.S. Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth visited sailors aboard the USS Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier in the Latin American region on Thursday, amid a military buildup by President Donald Trump’s administration that has heightened tensions with Venezuela.
French health experts are warning that the highly pathogenic H5 strain of bird flu, already devastating wild and farm animals, could evolve into a virus capable of human-to-human transmission — potentially sparking a pandemic worse than COVID-19.
Russia’s state communications watchdog said it is tightening restrictions on WhatsApp, claiming the US-owned platform violates Russian law and is being used to facilitate criminal activity, according to comments carried by the Tass news agency.
Russia successfully launched a military satellite into space on Wednesday (November 26) from the Plesetsk cosmodrome, marking another milestone in the country's expanding space capabilities.
China's first emergency space launch entered orbit after blasting off on Tuesday, as the country looks to plug safety risks at its crewed space station after a vessel was damaged in orbit earlier this month.
President Donald Trump signed an executive order establishing a new federal programme to accelerate American artificial intelligence research and applications.
Audi has unveiled the car that marks its first major step into Formula One. It presented the 2026 challenger at a launch event in Munich attended by drivers, team leaders and senior company executives.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment