Iran remembers the 168 school children killed on first day of war
Standing amidst the shattered concrete, twisted reinforcing bars...
Russian President Vladimir Putin declared Ukrainian forces pushed out of Kursk, but Ukraine insists its troops are still operating in the region.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has hailed what he called the complete failure of a Ukrainian offensive into Russia’s Kursk region, after Moscow announced the expulsion of Ukrainian forces from the last village they had been holding.
Putin said clearing Ukrainian troops from Russian territory paves the way for further Russian advances inside Ukraine.
Ukraine launched the incursion last August, aiming to create a buffer zone along the border to prevent Russian forces from reinforcing positions on Ukraine’s eastern front.
Russian forces, later bolstered by North Korean troops, have been working to push Ukrainian units out. Russia’s top military officer, General Valery Gerasimov, praised North Korean soldiers for their "high professionalism" and their combat efforts alongside Russian troops in Kursk.
However, Ukraine disputes Moscow’s claims, calling them "propaganda tricks." In a statement posted on Telegram, Ukraine’s military general staff said the battlefield situation remains "difficult" but insisted its forces are still operating in Kursk and continuing incursions into Russia’s Belgorod region.
Asian stocks surged on Thursday as some vessels resumed passage through the Strait of Hormuz, while forecast-beating results at Nvidia and a suspended workers' strike at Samsung Electronics lifted shares of chipmakers.
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has said Belarus will not be dragged into the war in Ukraine, while also stressing that Minsk and Moscow would jointly respond to any aggression against them.
The penultimate day of the World Urban Forum 13 in Baku will see Azerbaijan's Pavilion highlight post-construction efforts in Garabagh and East Zangezur, as well as host events on the future of Baku and architectural education.
South Korea’s Samsung Electronics is facing its largest potential labour action in years, with tens of thousands of workers preparing for a prolonged strike over bonuses and profit-sharing at a time when the company is benefiting from a global artificial intelligence (AI) driven chip boom.
Lithuania on Wednesday issued an “air danger” warning urging residents to seek shelter and temporarily suspended operations at the capital’s airport amid fears that drones had entered the country’s airspace, as tensions between Russia and the Baltic states continue to escalate.
U.S. President Donald Trump surprised NATO allies by announcing plans to deploy an additional 5,000 American troops to Poland, just hours before Secretary of State Marco Rubio was due to meet alliance ministers in Sweden on Friday against the backdrop of growing divisions over the Iran war.
SpaceX stopped the launch of its 12th Starship rocket from Texas on Thursday and said it will attempt the high-stakes test flight again on Friday, as Elon Musk's space company nears a record-breaking public listing.
The U.S. has arrested Adys Lastres Morera, the sister of the head of GAESA, a military-run business group which owns Cuba’s most profitable enterprises, including the island’s five-star hotels, and its largest port.
Start your day informed with the AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top stories for the 22nd May, covering the latest developments you need to know.
South Korean workers manufacturing chips for Samsung Electronics are set to vote on a pay deal that could see some of them receive $416,000 in bonuses.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment