Why Ukraine is targeting Wildberries warehouses in Russia
Ukraine has targeted at least 20 Wildberries warehouses across Russia since 18 July, disrupting a major logistics network. Kyiv says the strikes ai...
Brazil's Supreme Court on Tuesday convicted former lawmaker Eduardo Bolsonaro, a son of ex-President Jair Bolsonaro living in the U.S., of courting interference from the Trump administration in his father's trial last year for a coup plot.
A panel of four justices unanimously backed the conviction, issuing a prison sentence of four years and two months to the former lawmaker, who now risks arrest on return to Brazil.
Eduardo Bolsonaro, who has argued in Washington that he and his family are the target of unfair persecution by Brazil's Supreme Court, said he had not been properly notified about the court's legal process.
The office of Brazil's Prosecutor General had charged him with courting U.S. authorities to help his father's case by imposing sanctions on the court's justices and tariffs on Brazilian goods last year. Both the tariffs and the sanctions were later scaled back.
The younger Bolsonaro moved to the U.S. in 2025, months before the trial that ultimately convicted his father of plotting a coup to overthrow the results of the 2022 election he lost.
The former lawmaker has said his efforts in Washington were not aimed at getting his father acquitted but at forcing Brazil's Supreme Court to punish officials who, in his account, were not complying with Brazil's constitution.
More recently, Eduardo Bolsonaro has thrown his support behind his brother Senator Flavio Bolsonaro's presidential run.
Both met with U.S. President Donald Trump in the White House last month. Polls show that the senator is the strongest challenger to President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva ahead of an October election.
Jair Bolsonaro, the father of Eduardo and Flavio, was Brazil's president from 2019 to 2022. He is serving a 27-year sentence under house arrest due to health issues.
Tuesday's ruling makes Eduardo Bolsonaro ineligible for eight years to run for public office in Brazil. The lower house of Brazil's Congress had already removed him from its ranks and stripped his lawmaker's salary in December after he missed more than a third of the deliberative sessions in 2025.
At least 11 people were killed in Israeli strikes on southern Lebanon on Saturday, among the deadliest since a June ceasefire. Meanwhile, Qatar denied holding Iranian pilots. It said it had found the remains of one pilot after an airspace violation and had contacted Iran to coordinate a handover.
U.S. President Donald Trump says Washington is not seeking an extension of its memorandum of understanding with Iran, claiming the U.S. already controls the Strait of Hormuz through its naval blockade.
Iran has said the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until the U.S. fulfils the terms of an interim deal, including lifting the maritime blockade and sanctions and releasing Iran’s frozen assets.
Ukraine has targeted at least 20 Wildberries warehouses across Russia since 18 July, disrupting a major logistics network. Kyiv says the strikes aim to disrupt alleged military-linked supplies, while the attacks have caused billions of dollars in losses and wider economic pressure.
South Korea's presidential Blue House said on Monday it was reviewing U.S. President Donald Trump's comments on scaling back joint military drills. It added that it hoped a favourable relationship between Washington and Pyongyang could lead to meaningful talks.
Britain will continue to support Ukraine “100 per cent” against Russia’s invasion, Prime Minister Andy Burnham said on Tuesday, after Moscow warned London of consequences over reports that British-made drones had been used in strikes on Russian territory.
Russia has summoned Japan’s ambassador to Moscow and delivered a strong protest over what it called “anti-Russian” remarks by Japanese Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi and Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi concerning four disputed islands.
Pakistan is turning to more U.S. crude as disruption around the Strait of Hormuz exposes the risks of its heavy reliance on Gulf energy supplies.
U.S. Forces Korea (USFK) Commander Xavier Brunson visited South Korea's Defence Ministry on Tuesday to discuss plans to scale back the joint Ulchi Freedom Shield military exercise, according to media reports.
European countries are stepping up investment in drones and counter-drone technology as unmanned systems reshape modern warfare, driving demand for new production and capabilities across the continent.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment