SpaceX completes largely successful Starship V3 test flight
SpaceX has completed a largely successful test flight of Starship V3, the largest and most powerful rocket in history....
Three miners are feared dead and six others remain trapped in a flooded coal mine in Assam’s Dima Hasao district, with rescue efforts underway. Authorities suspect the flooding was caused by miners hitting an underground water channel in the suspected illegal mine.
Three Miners Feared Dead in Flooded Assam Coal Mine
Three miners are feared dead and six others remain trapped following flooding in a coal mine in Assam's Dima Hasao district, authorities reported on Tuesday. The mine, believed to be operating illegally, is under state jurisdiction. Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma confirmed the arrest of one person in connection with the incident.
Rescuers have spotted three bodies but have not yet recovered them. Heavy flooding, likely caused by miners striking an underground water channel, filled nearly 100 feet of the 150-foot shaft. "Teams have managed to descend about 30 to 35 feet so far," said Kaushik Rai, a local minister at the site.
Army teams, equipped with divers, helicopters, and cranes, have joined the rescue effort. Footage shared by ANI showed divers being lowered into the shaft, while photographs depicted rescue workers using ropes and other equipment.
Coal mine accidents are not uncommon in northeastern India. In 2019, 15 miners lost their lives in Meghalaya when water from a nearby river flooded an illegal mine.
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has said Belarus will not be dragged into the war in Ukraine, while also stressing that Minsk and Moscow would jointly respond to any aggression against them.
Fighting in the Russia–Ukraine war has intensified sharply, with both sides launching significant strikes far beyond the front lines as the conflict enters its 1,549th day.
As the 13th edition of the World Urban Forum ended, Azerbaijan's Pavilion showcased reconstruction efforts in its liberated territories and foregrounded the importance of mine removal in resettlement efforts.
NATO fighter jets were activated on Thursday (21 May) after at least one drone entered Latvian airspace, according to Latvia’s armed forces, marking the latest in a series of security incidents across the Baltic region linked to the war in Ukraine.
A French appeals court has found Airbus and Air France guilty of corporate manslaughter over the 2009 Rio–Paris crash, marking a major development in a case that has stretched on for 17 years.
At least 90 miners have died in a gas explosion at a coal mine in northern China. The blast occurred on Friday at 19:29 local time (11:39 GMT) at the Liushenyu coal mine in Shanxi province, according to Chinese state media.
Start your day informed with the AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top stories for the 23rd May, covering the latest developments you need to know.
SpaceX has completed a largely successful test flight of Starship V3, the largest and most powerful rocket in history.
Ukraine’s military denied that it struck a student dormitory in the Russian-controlled Luhansk region on Friday (22 May).
China already dominates the global rare earth supply chain. Now, scientists have discovered new deposits in northeastern China that could prove cheaper and cleaner to extract than those mined elsewhere in the country.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment