Three killed in San Diego Islamic Centre shooting as police confirm suspects dead
Three people have been killed in a shooting at the Islamic Centre of San Diego, including a security guard while the two suspects were later found ...
Germany has been officially confirmed as the host of the 2029 Women’s European Championship, UEFA announced on Wednesday. The decision was made by UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin, who described the selection from three strong bids as a difficult but fair process.
The UEFA Executive Committee has officially confirmed that Germany will host the 2029 Women’s European Championship. The announcement was made by UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin during a speech at the organisation’s headquarters. Čeferin said that choosing between three strong bids — Germany, Poland, and the joint Denmark–Sweden bid — had been a difficult task: “It is heartbreaking that out of three fantastic bids, only one can win. But that is football, and I would say life as well — only one can come out on top. Germany will host the Women’s Euro 2029,” he said. Following the announcement, the German delegation celebrated on stage. Čeferin presented the official pennant to DFB President Bernd Neuendorf, and the group posed for photographs. Neuendorf described the achievement as the result of a long and challenging process: “It has been a long journey. Hundreds of people at the DFB worked tirelessly to secure this bid. We are grateful to everyone who supported us. The competition with Poland and the Nordic countries was fair. This tournament is not just for Germany, but for all of Europe. We welcome everyone to Germany,” he said. Germany will host the Women’s European Championship for the third time. The country previously staged the tournament in 2001, and as West Germany in 1989, winning on home soil both times. Before the Executive Committee meeting, a small group of activists held a demonstration outside the building. They unfurled a banner calling on UEFA to ban Israel from European competitions over its military operations in Gaza and set off pink smoke flares. The protest was monitored by police, and no incidents were reported.
Bulgaria has won the Eurovision Song Contest for the first time, taking victory in a final overshadowed by a boycott over Israel’s participation and the war in Gaza.
The World Urban Forum (WUF13) continues in Baku, Azerbaijan on 18 May, addressing the global housing crisis. The day’s agenda includes the official opening press conference, the WUF13 Urban Expo opening and a ministerial dialogue on the Nairobi Declaration to advance Africa's urban agenda.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he had paused a planned attack on Iran after appeals from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, allowing negotiations to continue over a possible deal to end the conflict.
A 5.2 magnitude earthquake struck China’s Guangxi region early on Monday, killing two people and forcing more than 7,000 residents in Liuzhou to evacuate as rescue efforts continued.
U.S. President Donald Trump says China's Xi Jinping agreed Iran must reopen the Strait of Hormuz, as Tehran prepares a new shipping mechanism. Tensions over the U.S. blockade and stalled nuclear talks continue to disrupt global oil supplies.
Three people have been killed in a shooting at the Islamic Centre of San Diego, including a security guard while the two suspects were later found dead after the attack, authorities have confirmed.
At least four people have been killed in protests across Kenya over sharp fuel price rises, as a nationwide transport strike brought parts of the country to a standstill.
Gunmen killed at least 10 people, including women and children, in an attack on a rural community in Nigeria’s northwestern Katsina State, residents said.
Russian President Vladimir Putin’s upcoming visit to China is expected to focus on strengthening bilateral ties, particularly through expanded trade and economic cooperation.
Israeli military strikes across Gaza killed at least eight Palestinians on Sunday, according to local health officials, as the Israel Defense Forces intensified operations targeting Hamas commanders and infrastructure across the enclave.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment