OPEC+ set to hold oil output policy steady, sources say
OPEC+ is expected to maintain its current oil production levels at meetings scheduled for Sunday, as the alliance weighs the risks of an emerging supp...
Eight more suspected cases of African swine fever have been found near Barcelona as Spain battles to contain growing damage to its multi-billion-euro pork exports.
Eight additional wild boar showing signs of African swine fever were detected near Barcelona, La Vanguardia reported on Sunday, citing sources close to the Catalan agriculture ministry. Two infections have been confirmed, while 12 further animals are awaiting test results. If verified, the total number of infected boar would rise to 14.
Reuters could not reach the Catalan government for comment.
Taiwan has banned all pork products and live pig imports, while China has stopped pork imports from Barcelona province, according to a Chinese Customs document seen by Reuters. Britain has temporarily halted pork imports from Catalonia, and Mexico has suspended imports of pork products from Spain.
Spain’s agriculture minister said on Saturday that about one-third of the country’s pork export certificates had been blocked following the first outbreak of the disease since 1994 in Europe’s largest pork-producing nation.
“Of the 400 export certificates to 104 countries, a third are blocked. We are working to open them as quickly as possible,” Agriculture Minister Luis Planas told reporters. He said Spain’s pork exports are worth 8.8 billion euros a year, adding: “Our task is to keep international markets open.”
African swine fever does not affect humans but spreads quickly among pigs and wild boar. Several countries have already introduced restrictions in response to the cases in Spain.
U.S. investigators have recovered the black box recorders from the wreckage of a UPS cargo plane that crashed in flames on takeoff in Louisville, Kentucky. At least twelve people died. The crash sent a wall of fire into an industrial corridor and forced the shutdown of the airport.
The global recall of Airbus A320 aircraft has triggered widespread disruption across several major airlines, forcing flight cancellations in the United States, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
Hezbollah chief Naim Qassem said on Friday that the group retains the right to respond to Israel’s killing of its top military commander, leaving open the possibility of a new conflict with the country.
Kazakhstan has called on Ukraine to stop striking the Black Sea terminal of the Caspian Pipeline Consortium (CPC) after a major drone attack forced a halt to exports and caused serious damage to loading equipment.
Russia’s state communications watchdog said it is tightening restrictions on WhatsApp, claiming the US-owned platform violates Russian law and is being used to facilitate criminal activity, according to comments carried by the Tass news agency.
OPEC+ is expected to maintain its current oil production levels at meetings scheduled for Sunday, as the alliance weighs the risks of an emerging supply glut against ongoing geopolitical uncertainty, four OPEC+ sources told reporters this week.
More than a thousand people gathered in Hong Kong on Sunday to mourn victims of the city’s deadliest fire in 75 years, as Beijing warned against any protest.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said on Sunday he had appointed Oksana Markarova, the country’s former ambassador to the United States, as his new adviser on reconstruction and investment, expanding the team responsible for long-term recovery planning.
The White House has opened a new page on its official website accusing journalists and news organisations of biased or misleading coverage of President Donald Trump
Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has submitted an official request for a pardon to President Isaac Herzog, the president’s office said on Sunday.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment