live Russia signals openness to new Ukraine peace ideas
Russia is open to listening to new proposals on how to reach a settlement on the Ukraine conflict, a senior Russia...
G7 foreign ministers and outreach guests gathered for a family photo during a ministerial meeting in Canada on Wednesday (12 November).
Representatives from Australia, Brazil, India, Mexico, South Africa, South Korea, Ukraine, NATO, the United Nations, and the World Bank were among the outreach participants.
The meeting, held in Canada’s Niagara region, focused on the war in Ukraine and the situation in the Middle East, at a time when President Donald Trump’s peace initiatives are facing growing challenges.
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio attended the session and is expected to face questions from partner nations over Washington’s efforts to halt the war in Ukraine and implement the second phase of the Gaza ceasefire deal.
The gathering takes place after a planned summit between Russian President Vladimir Putin and President Trump was postponed last month, following Moscow’s refusal to agree to an immediate ceasefire in Ukraine — a move that has cast a shadow over ongoing peace efforts.
The collective-defence agreement between Türkiye, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan signals that regional powers no longer want to rely solely on external security guarantees. Whether it becomes a stabilising deterrent or another axis of rivalry remains unresolved.
Shipping traffic through the Strait of Hormuz remains limited on Thursday, with no increase in vessel crossings as U.S.-Iran talks to resolve the conflict remained stalled. Nine commodity vessels transited the key waterway on Wednesday, unchanged from the previous day, according to Kpler data.
Shipping through the Strait of Hormuz has slowed, according to the latest data, as uncertainty over the waterway’s reopening kept most shipowners away. Six commodity vessels crossed the strait on Tuesday, down from nine the day before and below the 10-day daily average of 11.
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top news stories for the 20th of August, covering the latest developments.
Russian ballistic missile strikes on Ukraine’s capital Kyiv has killed at least sixteen people and injured more than forty others, Ukrainian officials said, with fires reported across the city and Poland activating defensive air operations.
Russia is open to listening to new proposals on how to reach a settlement on the Ukraine conflict, a senior Russian diplomat said, but any proposals should reflect the "realities on the ground".
Start your day informed with AnewZ Morning Brief. Here are the top news stories for the 21st of August, covering the latest developments.
South African human rights and environmental groups have urged the government to block Israeli-linked Navitas Petroleum from acquiring a stake in a major offshore oil block, citing concerns over the war in Gaza and environmental risks.
Israel and Colombia will waive advance visa requirements for travellers from 1 September as the two countries move to restore diplomatic and economic relations following years of tensions over the war in Gaza.
Shipping traffic through the Strait of Hormuz remains limited on Thursday, with no increase in vessel crossings as U.S.-Iran talks to resolve the conflict remained stalled. Nine commodity vessels transited the key waterway on Wednesday, unchanged from the previous day, according to Kpler data.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment