Ukraine detains former energy minister in major anti-corruption case
Former Ukrainian energy minister German Galushchenko has been detained while attempting to leave the country, anti-corruption authorities said on Sund...
Central Israel sounded air-raid sirens on Thursday evening following the launch of a ballistic missile from Yemen, the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) said.
The Israel Defence Forces (IDF) confirmed the interception of the projectile, which was aimed at southern Israel. There are no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
Earlier, the Israeli airstrikes targeted multiple sites in Sanaa, including the Dhahban power station and residential areas in the al-Nahdin and Haddah neighbourhoods, as well as Maeen district.
The Houthi-run Health Ministry reported that at least eight people were killed, and more than 140 others were injured in the attacks.
The strikes occurred hours after the IDF had targeted Houthi positions in Yemen in retaliation for previous drone attacks on Israel.
Earlier in the week, a drone launched from Yemen struck the southern Israeli city of Eilat, wounding at least 22 people, including two critically. The attack took place near a hotel in the city centre, causing significant damage. Local authorities criticised the failure of Israel's air defence systems to intercept the drone, and Eilat's mayor has called for retaliatory measures against the Houthis.
These incidents are part of a broader pattern of cross-border attacks between Israel and the Iran-backed Houthi rebels. The Houthis have launched several missile and drone strikes on Israeli territory, while Israel has conducted multiple airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in Yemen.
The ongoing hostilities have raised concerns about the potential for further escalation in the region.
U.S. Ambassador to NATO Matthew Whitaker said China has the power to bring an end to Russia’s war in Ukraine, arguing that Beijing is enabling Moscow’s military campaign.
Austria’s Janine Flock won the gold medal in the women’s skeleton event at the Milano-Cortina 2026 Winter Olympics on Saturday.
“Real security guarantees are needed before the war ends,” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said at the Munich Security Conference on Saturday (14 February), warning that Russian aggression shows no sign of relenting.
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio on Sunday (15 February) called it “troubling” a report by five European allies blaming Russia for killing late Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny using a toxin from poison dart frogs.
Iran’s Supreme National Security Council Secretary Ali Larijani said the United States could evaluate its own interests separately from those of Israel in ongoing negotiations between Tehran and Washington.
Former Ukrainian energy minister German Galushchenko has been detained while attempting to leave the country, anti-corruption authorities said on Sunday.
Britain and Germany’s highest ranking military chiefs have made an unprecedented joint appeal to the public to accept the “moral” case for rearmament and prepare for the threat of war with Russia.
Medals were awarded in eight disciplines on Sunday as the 2026 Milano-Cortina Winter Olympics continued in Italy.
Hungarian opposition leader Peter Magyar delivered a state of the nation speech in Budapest on Sunday, saying the parliamentary elections in April were an opportunity for his country to take a new direction.
United States prepares for the possibility of sustained, weeks-long military operations against Iran, two U.S. officials told Reuters as the images of the USS Abraham Lincoln carrier strike group sailing and flying in formation were released on Sunday.
You can download the AnewZ application from Play Store and the App Store.
What is your opinion on this topic?
Leave the first comment